Search found 141 matches

by smartang
Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:27 am
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Sabfoil Kraken System
Replies: 10
Views: 1813

Re: Sabfoil Kraken System

It has nothing to do with the quick release. It's part a sales tactic. But mostly because the hardcore freestyle guys like Balz and future champ RickyZ are breaking their masts and sheering the m6 fuse bolts. And they're sick of warranty claims I'm guessing. I have hairline fractured a gen1 m82 mast...
by smartang
Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:52 am
Topic: Wingfoiling Progression
Replies: 272
Views: 82830

Re: Wingfoiling Progression

I get it. Jumping on a wing looks cool on instagram but it's not worth the restrictions of using a rear strap alone. Unfortunately the lake and inlet conditions don't make rideable swell that often, so jumps keep it interesting. Did a deep dive into armstrong yesterday as I am looking into the 1525 ...
by smartang
Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:08 am
Topic: Wingfoiling Water start
Replies: 2
Views: 1114

Re: Wingfoiling Water start

That's going to great for CKR's business.
by smartang
Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:00 am

First off, I know Winddoc and Tweezer are far better freeriders than I am. With 3 babies, I don't get out much. But I research the truck out of this stuff while the making sure the toddlers don't kill eachother. I also had a solid big air and unhooked kiting background. A full speed takeoff on a win...
by smartang
Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:10 am

Windfoil boards have the tracks way too far back. I've ridden three 7'ft plus wingfoil boards with the tracks too far back and the nose weight is hard to control in gybes. Coming from kitefoiling on a 5lb 4ft board I still always found smaller boards easier to gibe, but you have to keep your speed u...
by smartang
Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:32 am

Winging, especially in lighter winds, is all about balance. The only way to get that is more time on the board. Switch is right non-dominant foot forward. What you're talking about is toeside. You don't actually ever have to ride switch, gybing from heelside to toeside, never moving your feet. This ...
by smartang
Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:23 pm

Flight speed? Ever heard of step-off dock starts? Trust me, I have a lot of time on Sab gear (especially the 1100) and either your feet are too far back and/or your balance fore aft and technique need tweaking. Likely your body is stiff and your pulling the wing toward you and following the momentum...
by smartang
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:22 am

Technique always has something to do with it. You can't go by the quatro footstrap holes, I find they're placed more for neutral foils. By the looks of it, the konrad 1600 is a slow, high lift foil. Put your front foot where it needs to go. Like I said, it's a slow foil, so ride it slow. Do this by ...
by smartang
Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:58 am

If whistling bothers you for 2s then you need to see a therapist. 100m is a good test. Wish I could afford a gps. Or gas. It's great if a file works, I have only sanded one foil setup (moses usually comes razor sharp on the TE), full 2000g and noticed what felt like less resistance (more of that 'no...
by smartang
Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:15 pm

The humming went away at 12.3 knots? That's like saying my wheel shake is gone in a school zone. :)
by smartang
Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:45 pm

Don't file it! If you want to sand, this is a good guide. Step 4 especially.

https://www.riftboards.com/sanding-your-hydrofoil/

I only really notice a foil whistling in light winds, but I'm pretty sure it's pissing the sea lions off at San P.
by smartang
Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:04 am
Topic: RSPro Rail Tape
Replies: 7
Views: 2162

Re: RSPro Rail Tape

While I've never seen an armstrong board in person, from what I can see online, the rail line on the 5'11 has virtually no rocker and thicker rails than the 5'5". Good to know the expensive stuff is easier to apply. I was using 10$ amazon special tape and a lot of lube.
by smartang
Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:33 pm
Topic: RSPro Rail Tape
Replies: 7
Views: 2162

Re: RSPro Rail Tape

I used this method on a sup foilboard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwUdMnyNWAc It didn't go as smoothly as on a sup with a fat rounded rail and relatively little rocker. I think I ended up using a hairdryer too. Spray on lots of water it'll give you a lot more working time. Also spray the surfac...
by smartang
Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:50 pm

Slake - I'm just saying you're not stuck if you get a different brand, but it'll take some mods and might not be ideal. Better just go with the Armstrong if you're looking toward HA925. The resale value will offset much of the original price next year anyway. As far as KDMaui and Sky Rama putting th...
by smartang
Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:38 pm

As far as track placement goes, there's a lot of options to get more front foot pressure (FFP). Baseplate shim Add Tail shim Decrease Mast length Increase Tail size/lift Increase fuselage length Drill holes in mast Ride faster: Here's Kane (about 190lb) on an HA725 with back foot over mast (the way ...