Search found 92 matches

by Johnnyman
Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:35 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: BWD Helmet Cam Videos
Replies: 78
Views: 22749

I'm with JL my favorite BWD movie had the Tina Turner Private Dancer soundtrack.
by Johnnyman
Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:25 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Holiday Website Fundraiser - Win a GoPro Helmet Cam!
Replies: 40
Views: 11024

Wow I just looked at the GOpro site cool cam 4j whoever wins this camera I want to borrow it.
by Johnnyman
Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:17 pm
Topic: Holiday Website Fundraiser - Win a GoPro Helmet Cam!
Replies: 40
Views: 11024

Thanks to BWD and all his elves that make this site possible. I'm in for 50 and though it's my B-day tomorrow Kus with your 100+ days you would get much more use of the cam. Thanks for your support too 4j and Kus.
by Johnnyman
Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:22 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Broken boom!!
Replies: 20
Views: 4473

Chinook, Chinook, Chinook! When I was down in the gorge a few years ago I broke an old chinook carbon tailpiece. Someone told me to go to the factory and they would probably help me out. At the factory they not only gave me a brand new carbon tailpiece but replaced my adjuster collars for no charge....
by Johnnyman
Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:26 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: New Tip for Drying Booties
Replies: 47
Views: 9032

Yeah I've tried the febreze on booties and hockey gear when it get's really bad. It does get rid of the stink like nothing else but I wouldn't do it too often, not sure what chemicals they use to be so effective.
by Johnnyman
Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:46 pm
Topic: OR Pyro Suspenders
Replies: 6
Views: 1144

Thanks to all for the advise and reply's. I picked up a complementary set of suspenders from OR and tried the suit at kook today. Wearing the suit from home I think the suspenders were a benefit but once you get the top and harness on it doesn't matter. It was nice to be dry for the sesh but if you ...
by Johnnyman
Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:48 pm
Topic: OR Pyro Suspenders
Views: 1144

OR Pyro Suspenders

I just bought a used back zip pyro drysuit. I have a question for those that use these suits. Are the suspenders useful? The one I bought did not come with a set but have Velcro tabs for them, at least I think that's what they are for. Just wondering if suspenders are useful to prevent the dreaded r...
by Johnnyman
Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:46 pm
Topic: Board repair in Nanaimo area
Replies: 21
Views: 3222

Ouch Saulman that hurts. If you decide you want a deviator I've got one for $20 if you want. It worked for me when I was in the catapult phase.
by Johnnyman
Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:41 am
Topic: stance
Replies: 22
Views: 4090

W247 I switched to longer lines I think that they are 24" from 22" and it made a instant improvement to my sailing in that little a jump. Easier to unhook, rig is more upright, fewer catapults. I could go as long as 26" but I tried WD's lines, I think his are 28, and could barley reac...
by Johnnyman
Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:53 pm
Topic: Lost: family pack of cheese
Replies: 11
Views: 2588

Yep the bears always start to congregate this time of year waiting for the spawning salmon to go up the rivers. Always secure your food and never leave any food in your tent that's just asking for bad bear people interactions. Once they get a taste it's all down hill from there usually ending up wit...
by Johnnyman
Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:34 pm
Topic: Ezzy Free Beer and BBQ at Windance on Saturday night
Replies: 3
Views: 1485

Free beer I'm there...unless the coast looks good that is . Thanks for posting Windance Crew.
by Johnnyman
Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:32 pm
Topic: Upwind fin for Chango
Views: 1661

I was using a onshore and still was having trouble getting upwind, my upwind technique needs improvement. I purchased a MFC Freewave and it made life way easier, it is still plenty turny for me but makes life easier to get upwind. Size depends on your weight and sail used. Any online store seem to b...
by Johnnyman
Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:02 pm
Topic: Found DK harness and extension with pad at Gordons
Replies: 1
Views: 685

Louis has claimed his harness, the mast base is still looking for it's owner.
by Johnnyman
Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:45 pm
Topic: Surviving the Front Lines
Replies: 8
Views: 1880

Kus let's meet at Gordo's so we can talk about it tomorrow. I'll bring cold full sail LTD to get you in the mood for Hood River. If not have a great trip down south, hope you guys score big. Slight chance of joining you from the 28th on.
by Johnnyman
Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:19 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: For Kus and other keen backloopers
Views: 2245

Watched the KP instructional vid's great link. Gotta like a guy that can wear a tilly type hat with pride! Inspires me to huck, just need wind...and balls., bring on the wind. A little nervous about having a RD type incident though. Heal soon bud.