Search found 59 matches

by tbrown
Sat May 23, 2015 11:55 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: drone drone drone
Replies: 16
Views: 4690

instead of FPV, just carry the camera with you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfa9HrieUyQ

obviously it's water proof... some mixing of terms, hoverboard / hovercraft... Anyhow, doesn't fit the drone subject line, but wouldn't be out of place in quad-copters -Tom
by tbrown
Wed May 20, 2015 12:58 pm
Topic: Nitinaht 2015: Road/Camp updates
Replies: 55
Views: 15407

Any word on wifi at the village store? It was "coming soon (thursday)" when I was there on the 9th... but plans and facts don't necessarily agree. -Tom (if there isn't, I'll likely be stuck day-tripping it)
by tbrown
Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:27 pm
Topic: Nitinaht 2014: Road/Camp updates
Replies: 85
Views: 22636

wifi !?

Can someone elaborate on the hints about wifi at the campsite? http://www.bigwavedave.ca/messagearchive.php?day=20&month=04&year=2015 specifically Otlunch: .... wifi was nice at the lake. - Monday April 20, 1:18PM and Teabag: .... WindDoctor, your site was too far downwind from the Dish thin...
by tbrown
Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:50 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Void
Replies: 21
Views: 4964

wtf? if you're there 8 hours of the day, then you're 2/3 LESS likely to get hit than if you're there 24 hours a day. Doesn't seem like rocket science.
by tbrown
Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:55 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: "glove box" for windsurfing, boom or mast bag?
Replies: 7
Views: 2332

IMHO, the dock idea has merit if it would be out of the wave action (and preferably out of the strongest wind if it is supposed to be a rest/crash pad). I'd probably borrow a dingy or blow-up raft unless I had a chunk of dock "floating around". Back when I was first sailing a heavy O'Brien...
by tbrown
Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:18 pm

Thanks guys. I did think camelback when I wrote the initial post. A small one might work under the floatation vest. With gatorade it might suffice on its own. The idea of cargo shorts outside the wetsuit is a very good one. Thanks! -Tom
by tbrown
Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:57 pm

"glove box" for windsurfing, boom or mast bag?

Anyone got or seen a solution for taking a bit of gear out with you while windsurfing? Maybe a water bottle and a bit of food, or ? I've got a pocket in the "life jacket" I use, but it wouldn't hold much water (does hold a phone though). There are days when I'd rather not go back in to the...
by tbrown
Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:49 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Private messages in "Outbox"
Views: 5930

+1 on the number of folks who were confused by that. I _did_ figure it out ... after having resent more than one message. A little TXT="..." addition to the HTML would help. !? Something like "sent and read messages" (sentbox), "messages you have sent that have NOT YET been ...
by tbrown
Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:32 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Model #2: EC updates
Views: 7296

any chance?

any chance of having the display rotate, so that the 4pm update shows 4pm to 4pm instead of 10am to 10am? Having the "daylight tomorrow" forecast at 4pm would be very nice. Please and thank you! (That much [output formatting] I could probably do if you wanted help.) -Tom
by tbrown
Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:37 pm
Topic: That time of year?
Replies: 4
Views: 1967

ouch.

Nice slam. If that's what this forum is about, I'm clearly in the wrong place. My apologies for wasting folks time. -Tom
by tbrown
Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:37 pm
Topic: GHQ Rescue kite
Replies: 2
Views: 1093

65 feet long? They might not get air but I'll bet their rooster tail is way bigger than yours (and it comes up way farther back). And space for a pump wouldn't be a problem. (I did the 94 vic-mauii on a chartered santa-cruz 50). That was supposed to be a 50' surfboard. These boats (and sailors) put ...
by tbrown
Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:29 pm
Topic: That time of year?
Replies: 4
Views: 1967

That time of year?

Not sure if anyone (else) needs a periodic reminder to go over their gear, but we do seem to be hitting the season where at least down here in victoria it's dead calm or storm force ... which IMHO makes it a good time for an equipment check. I spotted an issue with one of my mast bases: http://tbrow...
by tbrown
Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:38 pm
Topic: nitnat friday evening windsurf pix.
Replies: 0
Views: 1006

nitnat friday evening windsurf pix.

a friend and I made a day-trip to nitnat friday. Took some shots at the end of the day (with a good camera). sails C36 and 55 are well represented. If anyone wants orig or hi-res versions, or wants their pix removed, send me a note. I will NOT be keeping the raw files for very long. IDs beyond sail ...
by tbrown
Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:02 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Droning on at Nitinaht
Replies: 20
Views: 6968

Tricky thing is the drone has a rock steady GPS-based positional hover when operator's hands are off the controls, but is susceptible to immediate wind drift when input controls are resumed. ?? seems like that should/could just be a software change. if in mode B, all changes are just requested velo...