Search found 84 matches

by Keen
Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:44 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: How we use the University of Washington Wind Model
Replies: 226
Views: 85806

4J summed it up nicely for me: I like to compare the model to the EC 3 day forecast. If they agree I feel confident that something will likely happen. The loss of the model would be unfortunate. It would be sad to see it go. Thanks Dave for keeping the model summary pages sync'd up with the outputs ...
by Keen
Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:42 am
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Tricktionary 2
Replies: 1
Views: 1401

Tricktionary 2

hey anyone picked up Tricktionary 2 (with Book & DVD)? Any if so what do you think of it? I was thinking about it but it's a few $$$ to dish out...
http://www.tricktionary.net/en.html
by Keen
Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:22 pm
Topic: BWD Helmet Cam Videos
Replies: 78
Views: 22768

I think my board really steals the show as it gets washed in without me over and over again... :)
by Keen
Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:24 pm
Topic: documentaries
Replies: 2
Views: 1435

documentaries

interesting looking documentary on surfing http://www.bustindownthedoor.com/flash.html anyone seen it? I think it is along the lines of Riding Giants, Dogtown and Z-Boys. Anything like this for windsurfing? Closest thing I know of is a small section in The Windsurfing Movie. There is probably a good...
by Keen
Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:37 pm
Topic: Go Pro HD!!!!
Replies: 53
Views: 16185

love that surf footage. you guys should have these babies down in Oregon...
by Keen
Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:22 am
Forum: News
Topic: Columbia Beach Upgrades
Replies: 17
Views: 14210

thanks! Not sure if it does this but hopefully it will help to line up solid SE winds on every weekend for months to come... but that option might only be on the next model up.
by Keen
Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:45 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BWD Wavesailing Camp...
Replies: 91
Views: 20560

anyone hitting HR first before heading to the coast? I may only be able to leave Saturday but it would be nice to hook up with someone who knows their way around as I've never been there.
by Keen
Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:10 pm
Topic: BWD Wavesailing Camp...
Replies: 91
Views: 20560

18th - 25th for me... if my injuries heal. Strained a muscle in my lower back last Saturday :cry: , could only (barely) start walking again on Wednesday. I'll be pissed if I can't go! :evil: Drugs are my friend.
by Keen
Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:25 pm
Topic: Gordons parking issues
Replies: 49
Views: 20191

yeah could be... the contours look a little 'ridgy' but i've never been there...
by Keen
Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:50 pm

not to divert attention from the issue of bad parking practices, but on a related note and in the spirit of looking for alternatives on busy days, has anyone ever driven down Blackfish road? It looks like the end of it has water access as there are no lot boundaries shown. you can investigate here: ...
by Keen
Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:48 am

Do I look like a Sherpa, DWD? Unfortunately I'm one of those forgetful sailor who can't decide what to rig. I'll have bring a wheelbarrow next time. :)
by Keen
Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:40 am

on very crowded days it would be nice etiquette to leave some room for a 'dropoff zone' right at the entry point to the rigging area. This way people who do have to park far away can easily drop their gear off and then park. Another safety issue is just walking along the side of the road with your g...
by Keen
Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:34 am
Topic: Summer BWD Fundraiser
Replies: 62
Views: 11103

I just paypal-ed $50 (read 'fiddy') for the BWD economic stimulus package...
by Keen
Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:30 pm
Topic: Holiday Website Fundraiser - Win a GoPro Helmet Cam!
Replies: 40
Views: 11024

nice going BigD! You better be cranking forwards by the end of the summer dude... I think you have to meet this minimum requirement before posting vids on bwd ;) No fake light saber fights please...
by Keen
Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:01 am
Topic: New Tip for Drying Booties
Replies: 47
Views: 9033

not sure if I'm wrecking my booties or poisoning myself but my wife had a bottle of Febreze. Tried it out on the booties and it totally destroyed the odours. I think I could be on an infomercial with this spiel.