Search found 84 matches

by Keen
Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:41 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Tahiti treat: HUGE, FAST, WAVES 2008
Replies: 1
Views: 1442

awesome footage. Not sure if anyone has been to this site but it has amazing big surf photos. http://www.tim-mckenna.com/trips-20080607-111326.html?cat=Trials+to+Tow some rad windsurfing/kiting pics http://www.tim-mckenna.com/trips-20070828-075057.html?cat=Teahupoo+Kite+Wind+2007 http://www.tim-mcke...
by Keen
Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:45 am
Topic: For Kus and other keen backloopers
Replies: 6
Views: 2245

ahhhhhhhh... no.... I'm not that 'keen'. Sounds scary enough just reading the instructions... mainly because I don't understand them... :). I'll see how Kus does before I consider even opening up one of those instructional links...
by Keen
Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:25 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Oregon Information
Replies: 11
Views: 2331

on a related note for the Oregon topic, the recent Windsurfing mag has a Gorge Guide. I've never been there myselft but it looked like a good info source. Can any Gorge regulars comment on it?

Anyhow, if you find yourself heading inland (maybe the coast is not happening) then it might be useful.
by Keen
Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:10 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: 3rd accident in 2 months on Nitnaht road!!
Replies: 21
Views: 4480

I expected a really slow and bumpy ride on Saturday since I'd had a pretty brutal drive out 2 weeks before. I was surprised to see it was all freshly graded and quite smooth. The ironic downside to this is that you can go really fast but it's not necesarily a good thing (as I read about the near col...
by Keen
Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:13 am
Topic: board repairs - version 2
Replies: 9
Views: 2387

thanks for the tips and links. no Dwd it was my Carve... so not too torn up about it. went for the 'make the crack bigger to fill it' approach. working with that expoxy stuff is kind-o-fun... almost want to make some more dings to practice on! for the record I was kidding about duct tape... but it w...
by Keen
Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:23 pm

Kus, did I mention that I missed the episode of the Red Green Show where they show how to repair a board with duct tape? You didn't happen to tape (no pun intended) that one did you?
by Keen
Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:37 pm

board repairs - version 2

I've got a different board injury than monkeymanmike. I had the unlucky (but probably common) accident of my board getting ripped off the roof of my car by a gust while I was strapping it down... doh. it was in a bag but it landed up with a hairline crack about an inch long on the side rail. looking...
by Keen
Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:03 pm
Forum: News
Topic: BWD RSS Feeds
Replies: 7
Views: 3631

sweet. dwd, I think they're still working on the dos 3.3 version of firefox and ie7 with rss support... be patient.
by Keen
Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:55 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Wetsuits/Drysuits/Winter temps...
Replies: 17
Views: 4521

Thanks JL and bwd for digging that archived info up.
by Keen
Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:10 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Wetsuits/Drysuits/Winter temps...
Replies: 17
Views: 4521

good timing for me to throw my question in...

anyone used an Oneill Mutant 5/4 wetsuit for windsurfing in Winter? just picked one up at Coastline for a wicked price but not sure if I'm gaining much over my old one. Got a few days to decide.

Any input appreciated!
by Keen
Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:40 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Sail/Kitetogether New Years Day 2010 (6th Annual??)
Replies: 8
Views: 3358

I'm probably in the same boat as MF4. Will go for Willows because it's close and I'm more likely to get some good TOW but will drop in at IV if it's ragin to see what others are up to. Have not tried the Amity launch but curious...
by Keen
Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:07 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Winter Sailing - ARE WE PREPARED??
Replies: 52
Views: 32794

was browsing www.westmarine.com web site. lots of safety stuff there -- all geared for water of course.
by Keen
Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:26 am
Topic: Skate-sailing
Replies: 24
Views: 4447

Anyone ever tried this on some kind of offroad board with pneumatic tires? Does this board even exist? Seems there might be lots more grassy fields available than pavement and the softer crash landings would make it more tempting to try for non-skater types... like myself. I reckon you'd need more w...
by Keen
Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:51 am
Forum: News
Topic: BWD Site Fundraiser: KA Sails Auction
Replies: 52
Views: 14111

yep I'm stoKAed... :D

thanks again Kus!
by Keen
Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:39 pm
Topic: vintage...