Search found 245 matches

by grantmac
Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:03 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Mast track failure
Replies: 16
Views: 8642

Yeah its drifted a bit. No I wouldn't install fin or mast boxes with it. It's main strength is when you need to repair the core material and you don't want to remove the outer laminations. The GG expands and creates a sort of closed cell foam that binds the crushed core together. But it definitely d...
by grantmac
Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:27 pm

I still wouldn't trust a regular Chinook box to stand up to foiling with a non-flanged foil. The exception might be if you add material to the top of the box to prevent the foil from wedging it's way up inside the box, but I'd still worry about it. Of course if you have the skills to install a box t...
by grantmac
Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:33 pm

I would not trust any plastic fin box (all Chinook boxes) windfoiling unless it was tied into the top surface lamination (fin bolts not countersunk). This pretty much rules out any Cobra board. Even then only with a foil that has a flanged head like slingshot. Actually I wouldn't use a non-flanged f...
by grantmac
Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:11 am

I heard kayakdoc suggest using a used carbon shaft golf club. Cut 4 sections to support the bolts between the reinforced deck & bottom :idea: +1 Without these you'll crush the core in a matter of hours or less. I recommend installing them using polyurethane (white gorilla glue is good stuff) ra...
by grantmac
Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:43 pm
Topic: Windsurf foiling
Replies: 144
Views: 54045

I have the larger slingshot on an older Formula board. It flies earlier than the NP and LP but doesn't have the speed or stability. It also wants a narrower foot position compared to a "locked-in" race foil. I'm usually with my front foot to the inside and rear of the strap and back toes a...