Search found 60 matches

by slake
Wed May 18, 2022 8:12 pm
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Wing Repair - Should we always expect it?
Replies: 7
Views: 1723

Wing Repair - Should we always expect it?

Still winging and digging it...season 2. I have some new foils per the progression thread (also have extra Armstrong pilot hole screws and an entire upgrade kit in case anyone wants to go from A -> A+, also have a long story on a drill hole that didn't line up but will save that for another thread o...
by slake
Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:28 pm
Topic: RSPro Rail Tape
Views: 2186

Re: RSPro Rail Tape

I did the tape in the living room with the heat cranked. I did it dry, after a wipe down with rubbing alcohol. I didn't bother cutting and was able to do a decent job starting back to front, so I got that rocker at the end after it was mostly aligned. Used a small squeegee to push out bubbles (found...
by slake
Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:19 pm
Topic: Wingfoiling Progression
Replies: 272
Views: 83307

Re: Wingfoiling Progression

Don't sand the foil...take a file and add a small bevel (~45 deg) to the bottom of the trailing edge of the HA195 stabilizer. A couple of passes using a file should work. I did this and the humming went away. Well crap...I guess I will be fairing. Or try this . Them things waterproof? Do I need a l...
by slake
Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:12 pm

Sand.....I meant sand and wrote file. Maybe I should have used the word 'fairing'! I've only been in light/mediocre conditions with this tail. Would like to be out with a 4 m in stronger winds, and ride a bit more before deciding to sand the trailing edge (really wasn't paying a lot of attention to ...
by slake
Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:24 pm

That's too bad about the hum on this tail (and in general). Learned something new - thanks Winddoc. In the review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB1TjHnVcM4 the guy, Matt Nuzzo, mentions humming toward the end, but only at high speed, and that Armstrong says it should be expected with anythin...
by slake
Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:58 pm
Topic: RSPro Rail Tape
Views: 2186

RSPro Rail Tape

I asked a dealer what kind of tape to get for a 5'5" 88L board and he took these couple of snaps: IMG_6437.jpeg IMG_6438.jpeg Suggested I get 5"x2" Xtreme SUP rail saver, over the 4'5"x3.5" Clear SUP/Wing Foil rail saver. I'm ready to install this 5"x2" tape. It co...
by slake
Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:40 pm

It is great when it all clicks, and then there is so much to work on, but it is a lot more fun at that point. My other half wants to get in on the fun (err...initial sufferfest) and I'm going to insist she gets towed to learn foiling + wing-with-SUP to learn sailing, then combine the two (she kites ...
by slake
Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:30 pm
Topic: Safety Gear
Replies: 2
Views: 1005

Re: Safety Gear

For sure a scam. Where do you find such links?

I'll ask her. She seemed to not care for having the harness area pad free (ie. rather have the full protection). Doing a simple search her eyes locked onto an Aussie wake company called Follow, who make colourful vests.
by slake
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:59 am
Topic: Safety Gear
Views: 1005

Safety Gear

Last year I got an ION Hardcap 3.2 helmet and Mystic Foil Impact Vest, since they were the only thing I could find available. The latter's stitching started undoing from the start and continues to this day (supposedly Mystic was going to warranty it, but they have no stock). It is a vest that has ro...
by slake
Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:41 pm

Thanks for the offer but I already got my gear - HA1125 and HA925, with an HA195 tail. Christmas time in Feb. Those three foils came in Armstrong protective cover sleeves. The fuse, on the other hand, just came in some white throw away foam packaging, but it was full of screws, 2x barrel nuts, 2x 1 ...
by slake
Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:03 pm

Do Armstrong A+ fuses, bought on their own, ship in some type of container/sleeve?
by slake
Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:19 pm

Chewy, Places to purchase in Canada - https://www.armstrongfoils.com/dealers/ Silent Sports and Kitesource are the two listed on Armstrong’s site. Further up this thread, Quick Water Canada, based in BC, is mentioned. Can’t say if one is better than the other. I bought from Kitesource last year. Sma...
by slake
Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:34 pm

Thanks for the feedback. With the board-to-waist leash, maybe I stay with doubled up thin lines (it has worked thus far). It is simply the “look” of it that scares me. Compared to a regular leash string it’s maybe 1/4 of the diameter. Sounds like getting a smaller wing would be good. If getting an H...
by slake
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:56 pm

Wanted to revisit this thread. Just shy of year when I was getting a lot of helpful info from everyone here – thanks for that. Made a lot of progress since I last posted in April 2021. Wanted to share my experiences, and have a few gear questions. The stoke for wing foiling has only grown. Current s...
by slake
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:23 pm
Topic: Bladder repair
Views: 1914

Re: Bladder repair

How big of a hole in the bladder? Duotone wings ship with Park Tool's GP-2 patch kit for bicycle inner tubes - https://www.parktool.com/product/super-patch-kit-gp-2. I've used Tear-Aid Type A on a kite bladder pinhole - https://www.tear-aid.com/ . Standard kit comes with one 3"x12" patch, ...