Search found 25 matches

by Giles Thorp
Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:48 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Ross H. explains Kites
Replies: 1
Views: 950

Podcast, O.R.

Jimmy, thanks for the link. A solid hour of The Richard and Ross Show, with host Ryan. Good overview of O. R.'s history, philosophy and products.
Giles Thorp.
by Giles Thorp
Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:33 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Just in time for winter !!!
Replies: 1
Views: 784

Re: Just in time for winter !!!

Warning - Do not slide after a big meal. Giles
by Giles Thorp
Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:01 pm
Topic: Maui
Replies: 3
Views: 1313

Maui

Jimmy, I have stayed at the Banana Bungelow in the late 1980's. Cheapest that I know of. If you want to avoid a snorer, opt for a private. Supper was sometimes available by signing up in the morning. Otherwise you can cook your own food. Great place to learn of local sites, activities. When are you ...
by Giles Thorp
Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:42 am
Forum: Comments and Suggestions
Topic: Dave's TO DO LIST
Replies: 18
Views: 11804

BWD Upgrades

Dave, I'd be happy to select photo of the week. Giles
by Giles Thorp
Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:07 am
Topic: Q Powerline stretching
Replies: 2
Views: 898

Q Powerline stretching.Updated.

Brian has provided an updated version on line stretching. Giles it, like a Chinese finger trap. Spectra fiber itself has very little stretch, but there can be a substantial amount of mechanical stretch depending on the braid pattern and angle of the braid chosen by the line manufacturer. Q-PowerLine...
by Giles Thorp
Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:22 am
Topic: Q Powerline stretching
Replies: 2
Views: 898

Q Powerline stretching

Here is a message from Brian Smith, owner of Powerline Sports, on the subject of line stretching. I hope that this advice will prove useful. Giles. Giles, First you need to understand about stretch. Normal braided line does not stretch so much as the braid is locked down when you “stretch” it like a...
by Giles Thorp
Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:16 am
Topic: Westfalia parts
Replies: 5
Views: 1212

Westfalia parts.

Gowesty.com in S. L. O., California, has a wide range of parts for Westy bodies, accessories and mechanical. Giles.
by Giles Thorp
Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:05 am
Topic: kiteboarding accidents / safety tips
Replies: 291
Views: 147727

Kiting safely.

Thanks gmac and all contributors. As a newby I appreciate the guidence and advice.

Posting of notices can be part of the solution. I would also like to see manufacturers include a comprehensive safety manual with each new kite.

Please continue this excellent dialogue.

Giles
by Giles Thorp
Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:16 pm
Topic: Driving to Baja?
Replies: 16
Views: 3818

Baja driving

Jimmy. Most enjoyed the reference to driving Baja. Also much applicable to other parts of Mexico.
Useful phrase when stopped by military - " Yo no tengo druga y armas. "
" Buena fortuna, " to Martin and Marian as they prepare for their Baja trip. Giles.
by Giles Thorp
Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:45 am
Topic: Gordo's risky parking area
Replies: 13
Views: 2643

Gordo Crash

Hi Don. Glad to hear that you and your gear are fine. Jimmy told me about this yesterday. Now you have the joy of looking at candidates to replace your GMC. If there is anything in the Fairfield area you would like me to check, call 480-0058. Giles.