Search found 438 matches

by Bobson
Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:26 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Nitinat on Sunday
Replies: 1
Views: 1217

Nitinat on Sunday

I went up to Nitnat on Sunday, got there at 1:30pm....15 - 20 knots(I think) a bit lighter near the shores. Stayed until 4:15pm and then had to leave unfortunately. More than 10 waterstarts....last 5 in a row without falling or getting up and then launched. Planned the entire time.....almost made a ...
by Bobson
Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:25 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Windy and Warm
Replies: 0
Views: 1225

Windy and Warm

It's SE17 at Kelp Reef and I'm stuck here at work.....a couple kites out there maybe......work always gets in the way of having fun......cough, cough, ah-hem....might be feeling a little sick....HA!! :oops: It peaked at 6pm yesterday.....hopefully at least the same today! Only 1 more hour....aghhhh!...
by Bobson
Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:28 pm
Topic: Help - Mast Foot
Replies: 5
Views: 2109

Hey Wind Dummy Dude, I appreciate you trading me nuts for one that works with my board. I guess all the EVA soft decking adds too much height for the regular nut. I had a blast on my new GO at Gordon's on Sunday. 12 - 15 knots with times at 18 and lots of planning but no damn water starts...close a ...
by Bobson
Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:07 am

Reply to : wind_dummy Hey WD, I was planning on a trip out there around Noon. If you can email me your cell/home phone# and if I cannot get hold of you maybe I'll see you at Gordons...?? I appreciate the offer of the bases. I'd like to try a couple different ones to see what is going on. Maybe it's ...
by Bobson
Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:45 am

Help - Mast Foot

Hey fellow wind-lovers, I bought a 99' starboard go yesterday and then prompty went out and bought a mast base from Bosun's(Thanx for the info Paul) and now I'm having trouble connecting the two. The screw length doesn't seem long enough to have the nut make it down far enough to make it in the trac...
by Bobson
Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:34 pm
Topic: Where did everyone go ?
Views: 2075

Hey WD, not that I'm out all the time anyways....but....I'm buying a '99 Starboard Go this weekend so I'll be out anytime there is even a breath of wind out there.......How's that..??
by Bobson
Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:52 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Pressure Slope
Views: 4452

Pressure Slope

Could someone please explain the new ENV Canada pressure slope on the BWD Web Site..??

Also, what is the UTC time difference from us here on the West Coast..??
by Bobson
Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:09 pm
Topic: Windsurf fins
Views: 1208

Windsurf fins

Can anyone give me a brief description of the different fin box types. I've heard of tuttle, standard, powerbox and I don't know which ones I have to get larger ones...?? I have a older mistral longboard and a Bic Samba. The Mistral fin just gets screwed in and the Bic fin slides in from one end and...
by Bobson
Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:53 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Questions about Nitnat
Replies: 4
Views: 1841

Reply to : wind_dummy

thanx wind_dummy, or was it ISERF ..?? I appreciate all the info, should be a blast!
by Bobson
Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:32 am
Topic: Questions about Nitnat
Replies: 4
Views: 1841

Questions about Nitnat

I have a couple of question about Nitnat if there is anyone still left here working until the weekend. As this will be my first trip up there.... 1. What are the rules for the campground and where you park and pitch a tent/payments...?? 2. Are there any Logging trucks on the roads Sat early in the A...
by Bobson
Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:16 am
Topic: Tuesday Evening Session
Views: 1296

Tuesday Evening Session

Tuesday evening was fantastic at Island View. Warm and 13 - 15 knots with 4 kiters and a few windsurfers. (BWD) you and guy you were with(sorry can't remember his name) were rigging on 6.0's, as your both much lighter than myself(220lbs) so I should probably have been on a bit bigger sail I'm guessi...
by Bobson
Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:13 am
Topic: Wind this Weekend..??
Replies: 3
Views: 1668

Thanx Kiteking, Sounds fantastic!!! :lol:
by Bobson
Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:25 am
Topic: Wind this Weekend..??
Replies: 3
Views: 1668

Wind this Weekend..??

:?: Does anyone have predictions for wind this weekend on the island..???
by Bobson
Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:39 pm
Topic: Gordons Sessions
Replies: 2
Views: 1504

Saturday, May 31, 2003 Good Learning day at Island View. 4 kiters and 1 windsurfer(myself) 10-15 knots of wind most of the day. I spent 3 hours practicing non-planning jybes and getting comfortable in the harness. Interesting sailing as a house went by in the water. Yikes! Unfortunately, not enough...
by Bobson
Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:11 pm
Topic: are BigWaveDave & iserf the only people on here?
Replies: 6
Views: 3049

Re: are BigWaveDave & iserf the only people on here?

i've tried to start topics and conversations , but it appears nobody has anything to say except you and i and Waterrose i know the boards are pretty new, but i'm not posting anything else untill some of these lame_asses from the "community" start contributing! i'm out. Hey iserf, I have b...