Thanks
by jhans
Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:44 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: trying to get in touch with Todd Sweeny
Replies: 2
Views: 1178

trying to get in touch with Todd Sweeny

Anyone have his contact number? A friend of mine snapped some photos up at goose spit and wanted to get in touch with him. Appreciate the help. I tried sending him a message on here i think...globe? or something like that for an avatar?
by jhans
Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:39 pm
Topic: Victoria Bound!
Replies: 0
Views: 570

Victoria Bound!

Hey there victoria kite community! Looks like life is bringing me to the south island this winter. Super excited to get in the water and have some fun in the winter storms. My girlfriend and I are on the hunt for a place to rent for October 1st/15th. Would appreciate any help. Obviously, looking for...
by jhans
Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:16 am
Topic: kennedy lake
Replies: 15
Views: 3190

i drive by cameron lake quite regularly for work and it is definitely a spot that is windy in the afternoon, not the morning which makes me think its similar to the thermals around the island. the main kink is that its not windy every day. It would be a fun one to try, but bring a good wetsuit as th...
by jhans
Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:23 pm
Topic: Maui Accommodation
Replies: 2
Views: 1259

Been there! the place is dialed in for anyone looking for a kite vacation. close to pretty much everything you could need. $24 is cheaper than the hostel in Paia!
by jhans
Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:48 am
Topic: Beachdog Skimboard
Replies: 12
Views: 3430

sweet dale. appreciate it. I'd be stoked to try it out/borrow it for a couple of sessions. Give me a shout if you are rolling through. I live on the old island highway in royston. looks like there should be some wind towards the end of the week.
Jacob - six.04.240.703eight.
by jhans
Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:10 pm

thanks vik. appreciate it. should be able to enjoy the surf, skim and TT i have for now.
by jhans
Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:28 am

thanks vik. would love to try it before spending $550 on a skim board. I have one of the nobile ones but want to try something with a little more surf feel.
by jhans
Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:50 pm

yeah i was interested in a board but had a hard time connecting. What's the cost? Is it still possible to get one on the island? Any around for demo?
by jhans
Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:19 pm
Topic: etiquette and consideration
Replies: 52
Views: 15772

Seems the on the water aggression is growing as places get more and more crowded. Have had some close encounters kiting goose spit as of recent. Good reminder to new kiters (1-2 years) to make sure they understand the right of way, transition space and common etiquette while on the water. If not, fi...
by jhans
Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:05 pm
Topic: The Hanson Brothers Go To Mexico!
Replies: 15
Views: 2735

Hey debbs...i'm the middle bro, yoga man of the pic and i'm heading down on the 3rd. should be in La Vemtana around the 4th or 5th and just camping it up. See you down there!
by jhans
Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:19 pm
Topic: Crescent Beach/White Rock!
Replies: 1
Views: 670

Crescent Beach/White Rock!

Hey just looking at getting some lessons out here at crescent or white rock. I'm free almost every day at 3:30 and pretty much have all the gear. Any references of qualified instructors or lines on some lessons close to home here would be much appreciated!