Search found 193 matches

by Geoffy
Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:45 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Rigging Tool
Replies: 16
Views: 4063

Or - if your skin tears easily (like after being soaked in warm Maui salt water), use your harness hook with Bean's loop, again - no gear to lose - I now pass it thru the hook metal so it cannot pop off and cause you to whack your head on the RRD behind you, not that that's actually happened of cour...
by Geoffy
Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:48 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: New sail quiver
Replies: 7
Views: 2165

SW Revo 4.0, 4.6, 5.2 have been an excellent spread for me, at 155 lbs (71 kg), covering winter IV, Cook, Gordons, and Nitinat. I found the range a much better choice than 4.2/4.7/5.5 (Windwings) which it replaced.
Geoff
by Geoffy
Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:33 am
Forum: News
Topic: New Google Wind Maps
Replies: 12
Views: 9014

Just Fantastic - way to go Keen and Dave!
by Geoffy
Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:54 am
Topic: Formula board for fun in light winds?
Replies: 7
Views: 1270

Formula + Sidney = Wonderful

They are wonderful - sail size depends on weight/height/experience, I am 150 lbs (or less), 5-10. 11.0 is too much sail - never fun, 8.0 too small, love the 9.5. If I can use the 8.0 then I can have more fun on a 106 l JP SuperX and 7.5 sail. Fin - I almost never use the longer fins at my weight, th...
by Geoffy
Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:24 am
Topic: Kiting and windsurfing ban on Maui waves iminent, act today
Replies: 9
Views: 1792

Well JL, if they don't pass it, you can still come anytime. And if they do, will find another warm and windy location to call home, would go back home to Tobago but the parents already sold the place (and any sea level rise would have flooded it as the last hurricane did). Maui is just perfect for a...
by Geoffy
Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:44 pm
Topic: Kiting and windsurfing ban on Maui waves iminent, act today
Views: 1792

Well - the swimmer as well as surfer thing does it - there's usually small groups of swimmers around Kanaha, Sprecks, and Kihei when I'm there, and even a helper in the water would be viewed by some as a "swimmer". I'm one of the swimmers! So here was my letter. ****** Honoured Members of ...
by Geoffy
Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:20 am
Topic: Mast massacre!!
Views: 2194

Cutting your RDM cleanly

If you're cutting - use a diamond blade with water (tile saws work best), high speed on the blade, moderate feed, one pass. Regular carbide toothed blade will delaminate composite internally and will burn epoxy - water will help save your lungs and eyes - the smoke is toxic! Protect your lungs and e...
by Geoffy
Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:44 am
Topic: Dry suit for surfing!
Replies: 22
Views: 5371

As a low-cost alternative - I use a 1997 OR hooded wetsuit (front zip), but throw on an old kayak drytop. The secret is I have cut out the seals of the drytop so they just barely touch the wetsuit at neck and wrists, enough to stop major ingress but not enough to stop drainage. Keeps the wind partia...
by Geoffy
Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:13 am
Topic: Jordan River is UP FOR SALE
Replies: 137
Views: 27572

Victoria Canoe & Kayak Club showed strong support of creation of a park there, and will be prepared to canvass members, contact MLAs, etc. etc. Please express this to Keith Martin and others, we'll do a short write up and send out to members if you can post results of meeting today.
Geoff
by Geoffy
Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:28 am
Topic: Jordan River is UP FOR SALE
Replies: 137
Views: 27572

Hi - I own Northern Wave kayak store in Sidney, windsurf at JR, and can bring this up to the VCKC at our meeting tonight, maybe get some representation of that group also with Martin?? Let me know.
Geoff
by Geoffy
Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:05 am
Topic: Surf Kayak
Replies: 4
Views: 926

DG - Jordan River's best, stay on the west side of the rivermouth in front of the snackshack and all's good, no surfer clashes there, should be a few of us about also.
by Geoffy
Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:53 pm
Topic: Need Mexico Help - 5 day family trip
Replies: 0
Views: 518

Need Mexico Help - 5 day family trip

Taking the kids to Mexico for 5 days over break, want an all-inclusive type place, with lots of stuff for 12-14 year old girls, hopefully including sunfish or similar sailing and nearby wind/kite surfing. Any suggestions around Cabo?
Thanks
by Geoffy
Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:36 am
Topic: Nitinaht damage Report
Replies: 25
Views: 5585

Old Nitinat Windsurfing Society Funds

Hi Joe - It's Geoff, we probably have some funds left in the old Nitinat Windsurfing Society account that could be dedicated towards this extraordinary event, I'll get in touch with Paul and check as it would be the best use of the $$ and consistent with the charter also. Would prefer to see it used...