Search found 172 matches

by Ned
Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:04 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: New Ocean Rodeo Board
Replies: 18
Views: 5664

Guys... the board is as fun as the shape looks, and I'm having as much fun as it looks like I am :D We'll have them here for sale starting in March most likely. Hit us up when we are at the beach for demoing the sample we have kicking around, although be warned that we all fight over it here in the ...
by Ned
Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:37 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Ocean Rodeo - Hiring again
Replies: 0
Views: 825

Ocean Rodeo - Hiring again

BWD Team, we at Ocean Rodeo are looking to expand again, yippee! We are looking for an entry level sales/marketing person to join up. Check the job description link , and please circulate to anyone you think may be a good fit. That link should work (it is for me) but let me know if anyone has trouble!
by Ned
Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:35 am
Topic: OR Flite 10m & 12m & Jinx
Replies: 21
Views: 5450

The 12m Flite will give you noticeably better low end over the Razor. We will have a demo 12m available later in spring... for now we cannot keep these things in stock. It's not 12m weather right now anyway...

Good golf weather lately haha.
by Ned
Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:04 am

Greg There should be a 10m and 12m available to demo from Cpt. Kirk's in LV. If you don't buy your kites at Kirk's, please at least give them some beers or something for the demo privilege - they own those kites. Luke / Danger You could probably go with the quiver I'm likely going to rock this year...
by Ned
Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:25 pm
Topic: OBX 2015 Ocean Rodeo Trip
Views: 731

OBX 2015 Ocean Rodeo Trip

Yup, it's back. A few of us from the office are headed to OBX towards the end of April (18-26 to be exact). Page and details here. We already have a few locals coming along with us, but the more the merrier! We'd love to have you, and of course will have all the new toys to try, including those 10m ...
by Ned
Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:16 pm

Todd and I fought for the Jinx last summer and threatened to buy it from the company so we could have it exclusively to ourselves :) The Jinx is actually still in our proto kite closet and can probably be demoed again come Nitinaht season (it's a 10m). It was also coined the "Prodigy Pro" ...
by Ned
Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:27 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: WTF and Used Sales Shaming
Replies: 98
Views: 45884

I was all for it but... not enough foot-straps on that board for me.
by Ned
Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:00 pm
Topic: School me on wave SUPs
Replies: 42
Views: 8351

Update

Quick update. Got out on a Starboard 8.5 Pro today. I was pretty certain that I would be switching boards after 10-15 minutes when I first went out. Falling in constantly. Trouble paddling on my knees, let alone even trying to stand up and move around. Decided to stick out for 'one more try' repeate...
by Ned
Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:21 pm

a longboard is an excellent example, tons of people ride them with style and rip. yet they are 3' longer than a performance shortboard. but somehow when it comes to surf sups the advice always seems to be go 'as short as possible'. i'm just sayin that can't be the only rule for everyone. lots of gu...
by Ned
Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:21 pm

downwind dave wrote:
i got mine at OR sports. you pretty much need to buy new as there is almost none in the used market. what is out there generally shows up on BWD! 8)
Great store... know them well.
by Ned
Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:37 pm

Well if I get out again soon I will have to try some 8.0 to 8.6 or so sized boards and see how it goes.

Where did everyone get their boards?
by Ned
Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:04 pm

First I was thinking that chopping a whole 2 feet off to move to about a 9.0 to 9.6 range would be plenty. Sounds like I should just keep going smaller! I'm thinking somewhere around 8.5 to 8.8 would be good. I'll be happy if I get a dozen days in by spring realistically, 20 would be phenomenal. I'm...
by Ned
Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:18 pm

I sold my 11'2 Starboard Blend this summer. Loved catching waves on it, and then I tried to turn and it wasn't really possible :) I had a blast at North Chesterman's this past weekend on a 9'6 Glide. It is a whopping 185 litres. Ridiculously easy to stand on and catch waves. That said I can only ima...
by Ned
Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:34 pm
Topic: Where to find Wsurf/SUP Package?
Replies: 9
Views: 3278

Way late to the party... but I know Ocean River in town here just brought in some special order Windsurf gear for someone. Not sure who, maybe it was the guy in question here??
by Ned
Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:03 am
Topic: FOUND - men's wedding band/ring at Nitinaht
Views: 510

FOUND - men's wedding band/ring at Nitinaht

Please respond with description and specific location lost if possible. Would love to see it reunited with its owner.