Search found 196 matches

by rvanderbyl
Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:30 am
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: El Nino / La nina / Neutral
Replies: 239
Views: 89443

Yes Good point Kus. I gave up checking these links a long time ago. Too much reading added to what I already waste time reading. Maybe just narrow it down to what it means for the next 6-8 months please JL.
by rvanderbyl
Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:08 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Laventana tips
Replies: 9
Views: 4744

Damn! Forgot about that road, You are right on the money Brad But then you should be...after all those winters you've spent down there! :roll:
by rvanderbyl
Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:33 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Laventana tips
Replies: 9
Views: 4744

You will be flying into San Jose Del Cabo and taking the Mex 1. If you are shopping at the Costco that means going backwards first. Why Not just shop in one of the big grocery stores in La Paz. There is one right next to the turn off to LV (can't remember the name). They should have everything you n...
by rvanderbyl
Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:12 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Re-designed CAN-9.com - up to date again!
Replies: 29
Views: 7595

Sharon and I have been a couple times. Not exactly quick and easy but still a fun place to go. From here-Toronto-Caracas-Palomar. We have only stayed at the Beach hotel which is right above the Vela there. Very convenient!
by rvanderbyl
Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:37 pm
Topic: Buying Sprinter Van and ideas for racking system
Replies: 143
Views: 44125

Ummm...I already made those points (different wording). And Renegade is not a kiter...yet.
by rvanderbyl
Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:19 am

I agree with most of your point Tony but that doesn't mean you shouldn't look. Businesses going under in Alberta may mean some deals on used sprinters as well. 150 k on a diesel is nothing. I've had many a van over the years that was a bit beat up on the inside but in great shape on the outside (whi...
by rvanderbyl
Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:25 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Looking for a Vacation Spot
Replies: 42
Views: 11124

Back in 95 when my buddy flew with his windsurf gear to join us in LV. He had a one board does all, 2 sails, 2 masts, 2 booms type of quiver. One board bag and everything all bundled into one neat pile with a small piece of plywood mounted with 4 good quality castors strapped to the bottom of the wh...
by rvanderbyl
Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:48 am

Nice "Little" rig. Way out of the price range and only minimal gear storage under the bed. Might be suitable for someone with wheelbarrows full of money to burn or a kiter though! :idea:
by rvanderbyl
Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:40 pm

Just a thought but this is how I would approach the situation. Find a Sprinter or whatever van you like that has been used and not abused. In other words the most important thing anout any vehicle to me is if I like the way it looks, has the features I want and the body has to be in excellent condit...
by rvanderbyl
Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:52 am
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: New Baja Driving Route
Replies: 6
Views: 6434

Border wait was about 1 1/2 hrs for us. Not sure if signage was the issue as we didn't see any right at the end. Haha! The only mistake we made was to not try and get into the one way street running west towards the crossing a few blocks sooner. As a result we had to back track a couple of blocks. T...
by rvanderbyl
Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:06 pm

Those Getaway conversions look nice but there is absolutely no consideration for doing anything other than living in them. No room for any type of sporting equipment other than maybe some golf clubs or tennis rackets. Think I need to start my own RV business. Already have the right initials at least...
by rvanderbyl
Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:07 pm

The people I talked to in LV seemed to think that due to the design and layout there was more room in their current Promaster, which they said is overall a bit shorter than their old 170" wb Sprinter. Don't quote me on anything I say. They have the diesel option and love it! I will not be promo...
by rvanderbyl
Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:24 pm

Hi, welcome to the community. Hahaha Just mentioning this cause it opens up more buying options! Used Cargo vans always seem to priced higher than Passenger vans in my research. Guess cause so many contractors want them. Easy to tint windows if you're worried about privacy if you find a better deal ...
by rvanderbyl
Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:21 am
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Kite/Windsurf Videos for Doldrums
Replies: 122
Views: 55429

Excellent Video! Really good sailor!