the new KITE BEACH

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
wind_dummy

Re: kitesurfing

Post by wind_dummy »

local wrote:8) Hey Winddummy,When are you going to learn to kitesurf?You are definetly watching closely. :wink:
i'm def feeling the pull dood !
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

yep ... the new 'kite beach' was going off yesterday .... filled in right to the beach ... no need to swim in 8)
Kiterkliff

MUIR

Post by Kiterkliff »

Hey I visit family a lot in Sooke and the beach and traffice at Gordons has made me nervous to launch but Muir sounds great. How does a guy find it?
~ pimp hand ~

Re: MUIR

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

Kiterkliff wrote:Hey I visit family a lot in Sooke and the beach and traffice at Gordons has made me nervous to launch but Muir sounds great. How does a guy find it?
real easy ... just continue on past the Gordon's Site and you will cross a bridge(Tugwell Creek) almost instantly, then the hwy goes up a hill and back down over another bridge(Muir Creek). hang a left after the bridge to park ... enjoy!
asscrack

new kite site

Post by asscrack »

:lol: Hey Pimphand,Let me know the next time the "spot" goes off,I will try to rip it up.Hasn't been filling to well at "KOOK ST." lately. :cry:
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach
~ pimp hand ~

Re: new kite site

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

asscrack wrote::lol: Hey Pimphand,Let me know the next time the "spot" goes off,I will try to rip it up.Hasn't been filling to well at "KOOK ST." lately. :cry:
riggght, gotcha ... it certainly aint doin nuttin today :? ... but i'll PM you next worthy day brah
Kiterkliff

More places

Post by Kiterkliff »

hey do you guys have any info on cowichan?
asscrack

Cowichan?

Post by asscrack »

Cowichan bay,or Cowichan lake?Cowichan bay need boat,The lake gets windy only ever so often,there is know where to launch a kite from safely,as the wind comes staight down the lake,usually light,8 to 12 knts.sometimes stronger.You never see kites,sometimes a windsurfer or two.Nitnat is the spot.
asscrack

the coast

Post by asscrack »

Hey Pimphand,today looks like a good day for the secret spot.wind is coming up steadily,will you give me a launch if I need one,cheers dude. :lol:
~ pimp hand ~

Re: the coast

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

asscrack wrote:Hey Pimphand,today looks like a good day for the secret spot.wind is coming up steadily,will you give me a launch if I need one,cheers dude. :lol:
hey dood ... yeah no prob if you want a launch i can help you out ... i'll be tying up the phone line on the internet here, but just swing by 8)
Kiterkliff

Cow Lake

Post by Kiterkliff »

Thanks for the info. I am dialed in on the Nit scene but Its cowichan lake that i was curious about. Mostly by Youbou area!
Kiterkliff

Been there

Post by Kiterkliff »

I tried out Muir over a period of 10 days a little while ago. Launch is good on the west side as far as barnacles go but the wind shadow is pretty tough to deal with. I got out about 4 days there then gave up on battling the wind shadow and went back to Gordons. Low tide is no problemo there, high tide..the little point seemed to work out.