Jordan R. / C.R.D. survey

Post links to cool kiteboarding or windsurfing sites with photos, videos or technique.
JL

Jordan R. / C.R.D. survey

Post by JL »

Last edited by JL on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thermals are good.
rocdoc

Post by rocdoc »

Just got home from the Sooke venue meeting. Had to be the most mind numbing, boring hour of my life. Mostly local sub-committe / planing advisor types. Mostly discussion of procedures and values. All I want is another 15 years of surf!

Hope the Victoria meeting (tomorrow nite) more lively.
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by juandesooka »

lively...wouldn't count on it. It's a public forum to raise ideas ... so everyone gets to have their say, no matter how wacky or repetitive, and there's no attempt to filter or prioritize, or even correct misinformation. The prior meetings to stop the development proposal were more interesting ... as they were protesting something directly.

Here, the protest, such as it is, is pretty weak ... seems to be they want their cash-strapped saviours (CRD & TLC) to keep the whole parcel rather than selling some chunks off to save some money so they can afford to buy other higher priority properties. TLC's answer: "buck up buttercup, we are deep in debt to pay for the chunk we've already saved". Some interesting points made by the conservationist folks, but fundamentally all they were doing was re-protesting the BC gov't decision where they let WFP sell it ... valid complaint, but not the matter at hand.

All in all? I found it a bit of a waste of time, didn't learn anything.
JasonD

Post by JasonD »

Any mention on what they plan on doing about the 'shack' that is located on the property? As much as the 'locals' are a pain sometimes, its gota suck to have yer clubhouse demolished and land taken away... Maybe that's why they've been pretty chill lately?!? FYI I even saw one on a SUP a while back!!!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

JasonD wrote:Any mention on what they plan on doing about the 'shack' that is located on the property? As much as the 'locals' are a pain sometimes, its gota suck to have yer clubhouse demolished and land taken away... Maybe that's why they've been pretty chill lately?!? FYI I even saw one on a SUP a while back!!!
well considering how they destroyed lives literally vacating the JDF trail and how that could easily have been grandfathered, I doubt they will show any consideration here :roll: I certainly would support them continuing to have their quaint huts there, doesn't bother me and it breathes life into an otherwise gravel and potholes kinda place :idea: maybe their "surfclub" can get some CRD sanction to remain but I bet they'd have to permit others to join :idea: or turn it into some form of charity group like the Kiwanis group at Willows but hey, why not?
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

only if they serve hot tea and scones
rocdoc

Post by rocdoc »

Anybody go to the meeting in Victoria last night?
According to th TC article, sounds like similar ground covered in the Sooke meeting.

I have to say that I am in agreement with CRD parks selling off portions of the upland forested areas (all second growth) and using the proceeds to pay for other more desireable locations for CRD purchases. For example, Muir Creek area and access to shoreline still not protected.

In this regard Vicky Husband is against selling off portions of the JR CRD land purchase and claims she speaks for the majority, but she does not speak for me.
JL

Post by JL »

I'm with you Rick ... I put that on the survey :shock: http://www.crd.bc.ca/surveys/Survey.asp ... 2b767c0e2e
Thermals are good.