Rule of 3... Kite Review request!!!

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
goflyakite

Kite quiver

Post by goflyakite »

:D I have tried to limit my quiver of Kites and I have settled with a 7M, 8M,9M 2x10M, 2x12M, 2x14m, and a 15M. I have found I can get out on most days with this range.......Oh and I have limited myself to 6 boards of different variety.... :roll:
I kitesurf.......therefore I am.
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

my 10m OR Rise covers 90% of the wind I enjoy kiting in. One kite quiver for me, and no need to ever wonder which kite to pump up!

:D
Vive et Ama
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

9.5m and 12m and ~200lbs.... I would definitively buy a 15m before the 7m...

You will use it more often, and the time that you would need that 7m it might be just too gusty/punchy/crazy anyway.

During the winter when its higher than 30kts it often becomes 31kts gusting 39kts, 33kts gusting 42kts, etc.... super punchy and not that fun (well for me anyway).

Plus you can always use a 15m in high wind and jump high and float, its super relaxing to!!!
thankgodiatepastafobreaky

Post by thankgodiatepastafobreaky »

I found that if you are in a good location a 1 kite quiver is perfect. An 8M Razor was all I sailed last winter and when I was on the 10M then I should have been resting my arms instead since those days were few and far between. Nitinat is a 2 kite quiver spot. 8M in 30 knots is a blast.
curses - foiled again!
JL

Post by JL »

I used my 10 rise 90% of my sessions so far this year 8)
Thermals are good.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I have used a 7m and 10m for the last 6 years, but do use 2 boards. I have always used OR gear. Firstly becuase it is excellent and works well in our condtions and seacondly, they are local.

They are a great company with great product.
Its all about the adventure and stoke!
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by juandesooka »

here you go abetanzo....6m OR for $340, though in Vancouver

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/s ... 12220.html
abetanzo

Post by abetanzo »

Had to give in and buy a 7m Prodigy after launching Ned's kite on Oak Bay beach... I couldnt believe I was wishing the wind was just a little less so I could fly a 9.5m! watched for about two hours then went out anyways and was struggling to keep her under control!
So bring on those crazy sou'easters.... I'm calling in sick soon!!!