windsurfers OWN kiters

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
~ pimp hand ~

Re: windsurfers and kiteboarders CAN live in peace

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

tempy wrote:sounds like the stereotypical, lame "surfers guarding their turf" talk.
where did you get that :shock: out of "windsurfers own kiters"??
tempy
Website Donor
Website Donor

windsurfers own kiters

Post by tempy »

we are better than you ... yadda, yadda, yadda

I windsurf. Kiting looks cool, but I like the stuff that is unique to windsurfing - going FAST, and cranking jibes.

But, why knock kiters?
~ pimp hand ~

Re: windsurfers own kiters

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

tempy wrote:But, why knock kiters?
i'm not a hater .... i'm jus throwin this out there 8)
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Hey pimp boy, know your looking for some reactions to your post, but hey, before you knock the sport of kiting, you might want to give it a serious try first, you might discover they both rock and have their place on the water offering completely different experiences. If you decide to look into it, go to nitinaht on almost any giving weekend ask for me "Dale" and we will see what we can do to show you the fine sport of kiting. Maybe you can reciprocate and show me bout the fine sport of windsurfin.
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

** EDIT **

nahhh ... pimp hand declines offer
Last edited by ~ pimp hand ~ on Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
kitermike

Post by kitermike »

so ahhh yea, what do ya do when its blowin 15 kts and you cant windsurf on anything but a GO board (wow) and a 9 meter sail. uhhhh i guess you gotta go back to the tent and use your PIMP HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that offer was gay to dale lol.
mmmmmmmm............diesel fumes
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

The bottom line is that everyone is having the same ammt of fun. A good session is equally as good to either participant. There, you dragged me into this stupid argument. Both sports have their pro's and cons. Who cares as long as you are doing it and challenging yourself. This argument is as silly as the one of skiing versus snowboarding. The ottom line is that they share some common aspects, but are really totally different. Stoked = stoked, no matter where you get your adrenalin from.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Ask the master Robby Naish his thoughts on the subject. He seems to be good and enjoy both.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

You should never get bored with either sport or loose respect for the other. Staying dry in lighter air on a sailboard just means you should learn some freestyle moves. The koolest 'freestyle' I ever saw though was a kiter at the mouth of the Caycuse River at Nitinat. Not sure who it was, though there was a film crew there getting it on tape - he was jumping the bar, kiting up to the several huge spruce stumps then lodged at the mouth, and either picking a long, low smooth root to rail ride, or grabing a high root and getting a crazy elevator ride straight up for 10-15 feet, going up river, turning, crossing the bar again, often hanging inverted and touching the gravel on his way by. He did variations on it about 20 times while I and my kids watched in amazement. It was the coolest thing. I never realize the amazing control possible with a kite before that. I'd love to try kiting some time, but for now I'm finding not enough time to sail and get past the Wally gybe!
JL

Post by JL »

:D Well stated! It sure will be nice when it gets windy & we can all get some water time in, instead of this chat nonsense!
Thermals are good.
windskipper#1

windsurfers own kiters

Post by windskipper#1 »

Jimmy!! Hows pat bay?
Rodney king

Post by Rodney king »

Why can't we all get along?
asscrack

passing wind

Post by asscrack »

Hey :D lads,If you have seen the windsurfing video by Rob Creese "KOOK STREET" you will appreciate the sport much more.Rob the master has captured the heart ,of LOCAL windsports here.You cannot help bieng moved by the footage of our local beach going off.This is strickly a windsurfing video,but there will be a kitesurfing one coming,I am sure that there will be both sports combined,they are both dynamic.I for one am glad I can do both.I am in awe of both sports really,I never stop learning about the passing wind. And believe me! I'v passed a lot. :oops:
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach
yo

Post by yo »

hey ass crack what do you know?
asscrack

knowledge

Post by asscrack »

:roll: I know the earth is really flat,and that the universe is only,10 feet thick,and that everything sucks when it's not windy. :wink:
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach