windsurfers OWN kiters

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
~ pimp hand ~

Re: passing wind

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

asscrack wrote:Hey :D lads,If you have seen the windsurfing video by Rob Creese "KOOK STREET" .Rob the master has captured the heart ,of LOCAL windsports here.
got linkage ? forgive me for not knowing, but who is rob creese? please give us some background ... googled, but came up with nothin' ... where can you see this video ?
asscrack

kook st.

Post by asscrack »

Look at photo's,click on video's and photo's by Rob.You will see a short of the kook St. video.Contact rob to get yourself a copy of the full version. 8)
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach
~ pimp hand ~

Re: kook st.

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

asscrack wrote:Look at photo's,click on video's and photo's by Rob.You will see a short of the kook St. video.Contact rob to get yourself a copy of the full version. 8)
cool ... thanks dood!
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

~ pimp hand ~ wrote:got linkage ? forgive me for not knowing, but who is rob creese? please give us some background ... googled, but came up with nothin' ... where can you see this video ?
Hey pimpy check this link out. Click on the Kook Street movie link for a short sample of the movie. I have a copy of the tape if you want me to bring it out for ya next windy day. It is a must see. Who is "Rob Creese" - only the most famous windsurfer/kiteboarder in Vic. Plus he looks fantastic when dressed like a woman!
dave
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better
Kook St. Kite Kook

video

Post by Kook St. Kite Kook »

That "Kook St Movie" is probably one of Rob's best. But you know, the "Final Cut Movie" is a damn nice one too. But it needs some cool tunz...
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

bigwavedave wrote:
~ pimp hand ~ wrote:got linkage ? forgive me for not knowing, but who is rob creese? please give us some background ... googled, but came up with nothin' ... where can you see this video ?
Hey pimpy check this link out. Click on the Kook Street movie link for a short sample of the movie. I have a copy of the tape if you want me to bring it out for ya next windy day. It is a must see. Who is "Rob Creese" - only the most famous windsurfer/kiteboarder in Vic. Plus he looks fantastic when dressed like a woman!
dave
right on BWD ... sure, bring it with you next time you venture out here 8)
... sorry about not knowing who rob creese is, i'm so out of the loop with anything new ... i haven't even seen a recent mag in years! ... maybe a decade :shock:
JL

Post by JL »

It's all groovy! Rob's video is life as art. The dark side is O.K. but I respect my roots.
Thermals are good.
The Devils advocate

GIVE ME A BREAK

Post by The Devils advocate »

I really miss windsurfing since kiting,
I love the way you can go back and forth,back and forth,back and forth,back and forth,back and forth,back and forth,back and forth,chop hop,back and forth,back and forth,chop hop,back and forthback and forthback and forth,Jibe....wow what a rush. Big low fast kite moves are waaaay less exciting. Winsurfing is theeeee lamest thing compared to kiting! Just look at you guys on the water you are soooooooooooo lame!!! I did it for years and yea it may be harder but DUDES that does NOT make it better. ITS LAME!!!Thank god i was saved!
I didnt sell my windsurfing gear though so that when im old and cant kite anymore I can always drag my gear down to the beach and go back and forth,back and forth,back and forth,back and forth,back and forth,back and forth,back and forth,chop hop,back and forth,back and forth,chop hop,back and forthback and forthback and forth,Jibe
OK.....you are the average windsurfer......you might catch 10 feet of air on the chop if your good and do some kind of stupid roll that usually catches you mast in the water on the way around. Besides that you do nothing but go back and forth.........
Sorry,,I dont really care but its SO easy to crank you guys up!!
I just playing with you, Windsurfing IS really exciting.....no really......it is....see you'r all mad and ready to post some nasty thing back.
:twisted:
UnusuallyLargeRobin
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by UnusuallyLargeRobin »

Oh now that's just harsh Mr/Ms Devil. You guys have already stolen our adoring cliff crowds at Cook St. (oh look at the kiter, wow, my god he's so high!, did you see that, ...on & on & on) There's hardly any point in sailing there anymore. Have some pity on your evolutionary cousins, if the original guys who windsurfed didn't get so bored, they would have never gone off and developed kiting.

....besides doing things repetitively sometimes just feels really good and is often habit forming
Me: 85kg(187lbs)
FoilBoards: Fanatic 5'0 SkyWing(75lt);
Wings:Duotone v2 Unit 4.0, 5.5m; v3 Unit 3.0
Foils:Axis HPS1050(1460cm2),PNG1150(1713cm2),HA1000(1310cm2); Rears 370,425p,Skinny365/55; Fuses: ultra, adv.crazy black; Mast:90cm 19mm Alu
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

I love the way you can go back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, chop hop, dangle, back and forth, back and forth, chop hop, dangle, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, Jibe....wow what a rush!
... is there any way you can fit in more 2 handed dangling time with no grabs? 8)

no seriously, kiting IS really exciting.....no really......it is :wink:
The Devils advocate

Bang on

Post by The Devils advocate »

Your right dude dangling is totally LAME. WOW look at me floating through the air with no hands. I agree.
Grow some nuts keep your kite low....always!
~ pimp hand ~

Re: Bang on

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

The Devils advocate wrote:Your right dude dangling is totally LAME. WOW look at me floating through the air with no hands. I agree.
Grow some nuts keep your kite low....always!
yeah, that's really my only gripe is that you peeps aren't grabbing enough ... a 10 foot jump with a boned-out stylie grab is way more impressive than a 20 foot dangle jump