Back to windsurfing

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

nanmoo wrote:Personally I'd love to watch either Dave or MF4 uphaul a sub 100L board when the water isn't glass calm. Just let me get my beach chair and a beer or four first! Uphaul challenge next time we are at the lake anyone? This could be fun! Hollow boned people need not apply, no fair!
no probs, 98L mast uphaul, uphaul rope IS CHEATING :twisted:
duckbill

Post by duckbill »

hi kj, I quit windsurfing in the early 90's and came back to it in 2004. When I came back a good friend gave me a used 2001, 95 litre mistral screamer that i sailed up until now. You are welcome to it if it can get you back on the water. Its easy to sail and is fast. I also have a carbon mast if you need one, standard diameter.
like a duck to water
KJ

Post by KJ »

[quote="duckbill"]hi kj, I quit windsurfing in the early 90's and came back to it in 2004. When I came back a good friend gave me a used 2001, 95 litre mistral screamer that i sailed up until now. You are welcome to it if it can get you back on the water. Its easy to sail and is fast. I also have a carbon mast if you need one, standard diameter.[/quote]

Many thanks, duckbill, for your generous offer. I will definitely keep in mind as I wade through different options. I like the "easy to sail and fast" part. Nice to see others back to windsurfing as well.

What's your next or current board after the Mistral?

Cheers,
Kevin
duckbill

Post by duckbill »

this past spring i bought a jp freestyle wave 92 litre. Quite turny compared to the screamer, loads of fun.
like a duck to water
KJ

Post by KJ »

Thanks for all the help and comments. After a month of "research" and introspection I bought Chewy's JP.

Now for power (sails/gear). Any advice on a suitable quiver would be great. I'd like to limit to 3 sails if possible (something like 4.4 to 5.8??). For lighter days I can get out my old Gaastra slalom 6.4! There are some nice looking sails in classifieds - can I mix and match or better to stick to one type (i.e. Ezzy SE's)?

Thanks again for any and all opinions (and offers).

Cheers,
Kevin
duckbill

quver

Post by duckbill »

I had a 3 sail quiver of ezzy se's 4.7,5.2,5.8. they were great. I have since switched to ka's . ( the ezzy's were worn out). I really like the kaos's, bombproof and powerful. Check with eastside he has a newer 5.8 for sail.
like a duck to water
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

However, if you want to be in with the 'cool' crowd best to stick with HSM Superfreaks. Peer pressure!
Don't forget to bring a towel!
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

My 4.2, 4.7, 5.3 Super Freaks are for sail in classifieds. Killer deal on great higher wind sails. Add a 5.8 and you'll be all kitted out for cheap!

Chris
Poultry in motion
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

... and be rocking cool, hip, colorful sails, easily identifable by the Coast Guard off Clover Pt. when the wind suddenly dies!!! Can't discount the added value in that!
Don't forget to bring a towel!
JL

Post by JL »

Thermals are good.