1st Annual New Years Day Sail-2-gether

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Bobson
Looking forward to it. I hope you are arranging for a pineapple express for this event! DOOD!!
PhDewd

New Year Sail

Post by PhDewd »

I'll be in there too, leave info posted as I am off to Florida for X-mas and back in 29th, in time for long weekend. Kids will come too, all they want is a football (soccer to you furriners), especially for IV or Willows.
Geoff
JL

Post by JL »

I'm in Bobson..Coast guard free since last christmas eve!![ I guess I threw off the tracking of you know who! (Not L. voldmort.)]..P.S. If you change the subject of this forum to ' Boxing day BLOW out!!' or similar it will clue in a lot more of the middle aged kiters/windsurfers & temporarily bring us out of hibernation! Jim
Thermals are good.
windaddiction

Post by windaddiction »

woot woot i got that whole week off I"ll be there !!
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

1st Annual New Years Sail-2-gether

Post by Bobson »

:D Okay, I've got some prizes and a BBQ(for burgers/dogs) to bring to the beach if the weather is tollerable, so people apres sailing will have something to put in their bellies when they come in. I have a large 'hot beverage' urn that will work well for keeping people warm on the inside if their 3/2 wetsuits aren't doing a good job on the outside. I'm still thinking IV or Esq Lag. or Willows to allow the most people to sail considering differing skill levels. The date is going to be either Jan 1st/2nd or/3rd depending on our friend 8) 'The Wind'. I'm looking for a RV or two to put the BBQ/Food/Drink behind so that it's protected from the wind we will be enjoying(hopefully).

I'm hoping the weather cooporates so other family members can attend the daytime festivites and if not hopefully we can get together that evening and enjoy some holiday family cheer together. So I'm still looking to confirm a place to go afterwards for people/families that want a warm/dry place to meet .

If anyone has any other idea's :idea: or suggestions :?: , they are more than welcome to post or email me directly.

LATER DOODS!
will it happen

will it happen

Post by will it happen »

did you pick a day yet
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

if there's wind

Post by Bobson »

It will happen if there is wind. I haven't picked a day yet. Jan 1st looks like the warmest of the 3 so far.....I will hopefully be able to pick one 2-3 days in advance. It looks like it's getting cold after new years eve.....so we'll just have to wait and see. I'll be sure to have a talk to the weatherman(aka Jimmy) to see what he thinks. I'll keep you informed. :lol:
crabber

mmm

Post by crabber »

Could I come just for the food?
HA HA
Good Job Bobson.
JL

Post by JL »

8) I'm goin' for the crab! Interested D. man?! This would make a great opportunity to earn some $ for B.W.D....It is looking like Sat. Jan. 1 2005 might be our last moderate/overcast day before the temp. plummets to seasonally correct values...
Thermals are good.
windaddiction

Post by windaddiction »

mmm jan 1st eh.... well nothing is better for a hangover than cold water :-$
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Coming together

Post by Bobson »

Okay, things are looking good. We've got some food organized(possible chilli and hot dogs) a large hot drink urn? and possibly and most importantly some light to moderate winds and not too cold weather. So, please email me directly () if you are planning on attending on Jan. 1st and let me know if you can think of anything else we might need. I'm thinking right now IV is looking the best for any wind other than West. Lots of access/rigging/washrooms and area for others. I've talked my wife and child into coming for at least a little while. If anyone has a partner/child/grand parent that wants to/is capable of cooking hot dogs on a BBQ then let me know I don't mind paying $20 for a HOT dog after sailing. There are lots of prizes and if anyone wants to re-gift their Xmas stuff, that's good too! Apres sail isn't nailed down yet but if all else fails(including the weather) we could just hit a restaurant/pub/shelter. Please let me know if you plan on attending.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

apres stuff

Post by KUS »

My family is all in and wifey is into offering our house for the apres stuff. 8)

We are thinking that after sailing's done people could hot shower/change @ our place or hot tub, slurp a few drinks. We are 4 minutes from Willows/Cattle Pt., I guess if we sail at IV we might get fewer takers. :(

Anyhow, just throwing it out there. If anyone wants to you and family/friend/kids are very welcome to drop by 3516 Plymouth (off Henderson-Foul Bay, turn on Avondale to the end, turn right, then immediate left, steep driveway) :P
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Unfortunately I will be away, otherwise I still Have An old Bic Rock and Roll tucked away behind the garage that would have worked. No wind=no kite.

Good luck with both the wind and event.
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

New Years Sail-2-gether

Post by Bobson »

:D New Years Get - 2 - Gether is ON!! Wind or NO WIND.
Right now I'm thinking it will be Willows but will post on the 31st(tomorrow) in the afternoon to confirm. If you're in doubt you can call me on my cell phone(858-7847) or check the web site as I'll post at 8am New Years morning as to the exact location. Racing (wind permitting) will begin at 1pm. If enough people are there earlier we'll start shorter races earlier and have a longer race at 1pm. Food will begin at Noon so if there is no wind there will still be food. Hot dogs and Chilli and hot chocolate. If there is no wind the polar bear swim will begin at Noon. KUS-DOOD's significant other(aka - wife) has agreed to hosting at their place for an apres relax and tell stories about the great wind and fun we had 8) .....so chat with him about etiquette and what you need to bring to his place. If Jimmy/Kus can bring your kayaks and Kus can bring his buoys and rope that would be great. This fun for the whole family event should be fun as many significant others and kids have mentioned they are coming so get your A$$'s out of bed or off the couch and come enjoy some fresh air(aka - wind) with some other wind-lovers!! You can watch football on Sunday. Ha!

I haven't heard from any Kite-doods(except Jimmy) but I'm really hoping you're ALL coming!! :D
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

New Years Bash

Post by Bobson »

This is New Years last year at IV...could be similar. Yup, that's me on the Hypersonic and Sailworks 9.0m :D

http://www.bigwavedave.ca/gallery/displ ... 28&pos=111