OR Flite 10m & 12m & Jinx

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Ned

Post by Ned »

Greg
There should be a 10m and 12m available to demo from Cpt. Kirk's in LV. If you don't buy your kites at Kirk's, please at least give them some beers or something for the demo privilege - they own those kites.

Luke / Danger
You could probably go with the quiver I'm likely going to rock this year...

8m Razor / 10m Flite / 14.5m Flite

You could swap the 8m Razor for a 7m Razor or Prodigy of course. I like to use a 5m in the winter, that's why I have an 8m and not a 7m.
dangerdane

Post by dangerdane »

Ned, I read up on the OR site last night. I'm still trying to decide re kite size. I don't have a 12 anymore and was leaning toward the 12 Flight or the 12 Razor. Decisions, decisions...I think a demo is needed for me to decide. I really like the 10m razor and wouldnt mind a size up. If I have to pump a 14 this summer I'll probably go golfing or fishing instead...;)
Ned

Post by Ned »

The 12m Flite will give you noticeably better low end over the Razor. We will have a demo 12m available later in spring... for now we cannot keep these things in stock. It's not 12m weather right now anyway...

Good golf weather lately haha.
dangerdane

Post by dangerdane »

Sweet Ned! So my quiver would be 5 Storm, 8 Razor, 10 Razor and 12 Flight. I'd be pretty stoked with that!
JL

Post by JL »

Sounds worthy. Eric had a great time last Summer on the 12 prototype Flite. 8)
Thermals are good.
skywalker

Post by skywalker »

dangerdane wrote: If I have to pump a 14 this summer I'll probably go golfing or fishing instead...;)
Any time the wind is that light I have piles of laundry, chores, a car and garden work to deal with. For some reason those problems don't exist when it's blowing.

And with it a flite, it'd always be blowing..
these are not the pumps you are looking for....
OtLunch

Post by OtLunch »

I will have a 10m Flite available for demo. Just ask me on the beach.

Sam Jackson, I want to see how high you can jump this thing.