BWD Oregon Coast Bi-Windsport Wave Camp 2015

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

tempy
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by tempy »

... and you wonder why Keith hasn't gone down with you guys before ...

:lol:
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Oh KC7's has gone down on us guys before plenty of times, just at Nitinat.
Don't forget to bring a towel!
KC7777

Post by KC7777 »

nanmoo wrote:Oh KC7's has gone down on us guys before plenty of times, just at Nitinat.
.....I gotta admit that is pretty damn funny Tony. Well played. haha

For the record I am goofy re the booties.
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

KUS wrote:...Guess I will be ...howling my RV somewhere else anyway, please ignore my constant invites and attempts to hook up with fellow sailors for company, it's all a façade and I actually don't like any of you. Hope you guys get some waves this year :wink:
stokeometer

Post by stokeometer »

Dave, I don't know if my StokeOMeter can take this much revving this far out from June! :shock:

So I guess it goes without saying that I'm gonna have to get myself a beater 78l wave board for this summer? Given that my one and only JP FSW 92l was too much for pretty much every fall session we had..

I was thinking of progressively switching out of Naish Chopper sails, too, as the cut is garbage for new school freestyle, but given how cheap they go for 2nd hand in the Gorge, that could be invaluable for picking up spares before heading to the coast..
"I loop therefore I am"
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

hey stokeo, for a cheap OR coast board this is the ticket. buck eighty six
http://www.windance.com/78-L-RRD-Wave-S ... T9522S059/
stokeometer

Post by stokeometer »

downwind dave wrote:hey stokeo, for a cheap OR coast board this is the ticket. buck eighty six
http://www.windance.com/78-L-RRD-Wave-S ... T9522S059/
Thanks for the link. I was actually checking out the JP in those listings:

http://www.windance.com/83-L-JP-Single- ... W6742S002/

Probably worth the extra cash over the RRD and I figure with the thruster setup I can run a slightly smaller center fin than on the single RRD, which should keep the board tame despite being slightly floatier... 400 bucks is probably as high as I'm gonna go on the beater high wind machine, as realistically I should be looking to spend close to a grand in spare sails, mast, boom, UJ, etc. Want to make sure I don't miss any action even when I inevitably go straight through my sail working on backies :roll:

I'm gonna be in touch with the guys down in the Gorge a month or two out to tie down all the gear I'll pickup before heading over to the coast. Ironically I'll just have paid off all my credit card debt from my 2012 trip down to the Gorge by the time I head there again :lol:
"I loop therefore I am"
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

the RRD is actually a tri but you are limited to what you can find as a wakeboard-style mount. i run 2" sides and a 8" middle. :D That JP is a real nice looking ride too. keep that stokemeter up!
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Buy a multi fin and go bigger, especially for gusty cape or CC action. I'm 185lbs and the Swiss Army knife of the o-coast is the 85-95L quad or thruster. Much twitchier and turnier at all speeds than a 90L FSW but handles chop and high wind oh soo much better without getting scary. If you're around the same size that 78L will only see limited use on those stomach butterfly days when you probably wished you had more volume on the inside in the wind bubble / impact zone of death. Just my opinion.
Don't forget to bring a towel!
stokeometer

Post by stokeometer »

nanmoo wrote:Buy a multi fin and go bigger, especially for gusty cape or CC action. I'm 185lbs and the Swiss Army knife of the o-coast is the 85-95L quad or thruster. Much twitchier and turnier at all speeds than a 90L FSW but handles chop and high wind oh soo much better without getting scary. If you're around the same size that 78L will only see limited use on those stomach butterfly days when you probably wished you had more volume on the inside in the wind bubble / impact zone of death. Just my opinion.
Thanks for the insight! Ultimately I want a two board quiver for simplicity - a 100l Freestyle for summer/Squamish/marginal conditions, and a wave/higher wind BnJ board - so going around 85l with a newer thruster, I could probably replace my 92l FSW entirely. I usually float around the 175lb mark, depending on how much TOW I'm getting.

Cheers, I'll be keeping an eye on the offers!
"I loop therefore I am"
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: BWD Oregon Coast Wavesailing Camp 2015

Post by juandesooka »

nanmoo wrote: Interest seems to be waning each year, as has the reliability of the forecasts, but by special request I resurrect this years thread. We've lost Morewind for sure, but we shall continue to ply onward brave souls. The sharks at the Cape will NOT feed themselves.
If you need to bring down the average age as the regulars get more creaky, you may have to consider bringing along a few token kiters. Makes for better photos too! [smilie=clown.gif] [smilie=devil-laugh.gif] [smilie=pimp.gif]

As for shark odds ... no matter what colour wetsuit, surfing with a buddy reduces your risk of suffering a shark attack by 50%!
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

hey Juan, i see tokin' kiters everywhere i go!
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by juandesooka »

downwind dave wrote:hey Juan, i see tokin' kiters everywhere i go!
bahahaha, touche!
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: BWD Oregon Coast Wavesailing Camp 2015

Post by C36 »

juandesooka wrote:...you may have to consider bringing along a few token kiters. Makes for better photos too! [smilie=clown.gif] [smilie=devil-laugh.gif] [smilie=pimp.gif]...
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

nanmoo wrote:Buy a multi fin and go bigger, especially for gusty cape or CC action. I'm 185lbs and the Swiss Army knife of the o-coast is the 85-95L quad or thruster. Much twitchier and turnier at all speeds than a 90L FSW but handles chop and high wind oh soo much better without getting scary. If you're around the same size that 78L will only see limited use on those stomach butterfly days when you probably wished you had more volume on the inside in the wind bubble / impact zone of death. Just my opinion.
stokeometer wrote:Thanks for the insight! Ultimately I want a two board quiver for simplicity - a 100l Freestyle for summer/Squamish/marginal conditions, and a wave/higher wind BnJ board - so going around 85l with a newer thruster, I could probably replace my 92l FSW entirely. I usually float around the 175lb mark, depending on how much TOW I'm getting.

Cheers, I'll be keeping an eye on the offers!
Nanmoo: stokeometer (92 litre FSW) and I (92 Quad) recently traded boards in 30 mph east wind and 2' chop at Boundary Bay. stokeometer wasn't convinced, but he may change his mind if we do it again at the Cape! :shock: :twisted: :D :wink: