BWD Oregon Coast Water, Wave and Windsports Camp 2016

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: BWD Oregon Coast Water, Wave and Windsports Camp 2016

Post by C36 »

Thanks for the tread Nanmoo!
nanmoo wrote:AKA Holy Crap the Exchange Rate Sucks but the Sharks at the Cape will NOT Feed Themselves

Welcome to another year and another all-sport-inclusive wave camp. It'd be nice to see some new faces this year. We are a friendly bunch (mostly). Plus I hear there is room in the Law's new van for warm cuddles.

Tough go this year with the CAD dropping below 0.70 USD today. Nevertheless I am hoping to get down again this year but just dirtbag it that much harder to make ends meet. Probably targeting the last couple weeks in June. Then still hoping to get to PSC in the early fall.
The issue of cost reminded me of one of my favourite exchanges from last years’ thread:
nanmoo wrote:Aargh... 0.76 vs USD is really putting a damper on me deciding to join you...
bwd wrote:Yeah that's exactly what my Grandma would say too. Like you, she was also careful with her pennies and missed a lot of good S swell days at the Cape because of it.
Fairground Campo, BWD 'Surf Camp' 2015

South Oregon is one of the best values around. The experiences had and the memories created there are priceless. I started looking forward to this years’ trip the day I left last year.

Targeting the last week of June through the first week of July (subject to forecast and when the BWD crew are headed down).

Still looking for ride ideas?

winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

Funny, that shot of the fairgrounds parking shows about 80% of the BC wavesailing contingent!
Poultry in motion
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

BWD quote... classic. Glad you dug that up C36. It's too bad grandma missed so many epic south swells at the Cape.
Don't forget to bring a towel!
Johnnyman

Post by Johnnyman »

If I can find where I stored my gear June 21- July 2 I'm free.

Tent and a Subaru always a good combo for Oregon dirtbag wave trip.
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: BWD Oregon Coast Water, Wave and Windsports Camp 2016

Post by C36 »

winddude wrote:Still contemplating the wavebash and a few days before (contest runs the june 8th - 12th, so i'd probably go 4th - 12th...

Details here.
winddoctor wrote: :lol: I snorted a little bit reading the dirtbag part. Does that mean you're selling the pimped out Sprinter and slumming it in a Westy?😅
TheLaw wrote:....or worse yet an ex-wheelchair van. The ultimate dirtbag mobile!
TheLaw: Have you installed the wood stove? Saw one roll down US 1 last year and the best part was they had the fire burning while they were driving! :shock: :roll:

nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

There's a guy who is regularly at JR who has an import camper with a wood stove in it. I saw him stoking it the other day after arriving. Far more simplistic and cost-effective solution compared to fancy furnaces.

Interesting to note how early Pistol is this year and that after two bad Santa Cruz years, Sam dropped it off the tour. I had some good times there in the years I attended that stop.
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

C36 a pellet stove installation will start in a week in the new to me AV (that is Adventure Van). A wood stove would be crazy! : )
Give'R
redbaron
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by redbaron »

nanmoo wrote:Interesting to note how early Pistol is this year and that after two bad Santa Cruz years, Sam dropped it off the tour. I had some good times there in the years I attended that stop.
I'm hoping to attend Pistol if the forecast works out. Anyone one else thinking about doing the event?
winddude

Post by winddude »

redbaron wrote:
nanmoo wrote:Interesting to note how early Pistol is this year and that after two bad Santa Cruz years, Sam dropped it off the tour. I had some good times there in the years I attended that stop.
I'm hoping to attend Pistol if the forecast works out. Anyone one else thinking about doing the event?
Yup, looks like I'll be going, around 4th - 12th, just oked it with the authorities, bahaha, just have to get the time off work now.
Must ... Sail... More...
Lawrence <a href="http://www.winddude.com">'Wind Dude'</a> Stewart
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

I doubt I will. But I might. The events are a lot of fun.
winddude

Post by winddude »

You know you wanna, you're going to bored after all the time kiting :roll: in peru. Join Jesse and I for some real fun.
Must ... Sail... More...
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Are you still talking about windsurfing?
winddude

Post by winddude »

I don't wanna speak on anyone else behalf, but im sure your sprinter has room for three :wink:
Must ... Sail... More...
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Well ...while you guys get a room ...I'll be stoked on Oregon waves with a select few other wind junkies on here :twisted:
Attachments
P7080054.jpg smaller.jpg
P7080054.jpg smaller.jpg (100.48 KiB) Viewed 2377 times
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Tsawwassen
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by Tsawwassen »

Stoked, just went through last years photo gallerie and there were some amazing shots!! Can't wait, hopefully I can stay more than 4 or 5 days this year. Any amount of time is worth it though. :D Thanks to Chris, Dave and the others who took photos. Good times, great memories! :D Should be there the last few weeks in June.