question for the kiters ...

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Toe Jam

Kiting

Post by Toe Jam »

It is just Better"" 8)
asscrack

Kitesurfing Rules

Post by asscrack »

:arrow: Windsurfing is a terribly hard sport to master,some people never do.It takes so much time on the water to get there.Wherever there, is.Most people get out, what they put in.Windsurfing is definetly more frustrating than kiting. :oops: With kitesurfing you really,are just along for the ride.And what a ride that can be!You have to master the kite flying,or it will master you. :cry: With windsurfing ,muscle,stamina and technique is everything,having this gear in your hands,board under your feet,and getting it all to move,and I mean move, is not easy.I once saw Robby Naish loose a race at the gorge games years ago,and he did an amazing thing,as he was coming towards the final mark,he somehow used the board and rig to levitate everything into the air, and went up easily 6 feet into the air,clearing the mark with ease.The crowd in the stands went crazy.I never forgot that.How did he do that,I thought? :? No waves to use,flat as glass,at speed.I practiced for years,before i finally figured it out.Time on the water.knowing your gear,and hard practice.That was what windsurfing,was to me.Still is. Kitesurfing has taken wind sports to another level for me now.I don't know, if I can say I mastered the sport of windsurfing,But I certainly enjoyed the years hard at it.Don't give up something you love ,just because something else comes along.Do it all because you can.Robby does.He will even duck tape a board to himself,because he can. :roll: :He also, is busy trying to master kitesurfing. :lol:
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach