comox rookiekiteboarding

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
rookieRyan

comox rookiekiteboarding

Post by rookieRyan »

does anyone know if comox is safe for rookie kiters?thinkin of going saturday.
Globetrotter

Post by Globetrotter »

Hey Ryan,
Island View is probably one of the best winter spots to learn at, Nititat is a great summer spot to learn at. Actually, Kye Bay would be a great place to learn on a NW in comox.
Comox (spit) isn't the worst, but you do have the boats, the power lines and the occassional nasty rock to worry about.
I'll be there tomorrow though if you want to drop by.
mmm wind
Globetrotter

Post by Globetrotter »

oh - and theres not going to be any water in the bay tomorrow... that always helps... :?

One thing you don't want to do is be learning on the outside of the spit - unless its a low tide and your way over on the outside of the base way away from the power lines.
mmm wind
jlew

Post by jlew »

Greetings Islanders.
I'm in CR visiting for the weekend and brought my gear.
Is anyone heading out to Island View today or should I make the trip down to Parksville?
Looks like 2pm might be good up island.
Thanks!
Jenn
Mattdog

Post by Mattdog »

Jenn,

Where is CR, Campbell River? Not sure.

Best Bet is Columbia Beach in French Creek half way between Parksville and Qualicum Beach.

After 1:00 p.m. For a super nice sandy beach try San Pareil neighbourhood immediately north of Rathtrevor Park (south Parksville).

I'll be at Columbia B within the hour
Signature Block.
jlew

Post by jlew »

Campbell River indeed.
Thanks for all the info Mattdog! Columbia might a bit more of a trek than I have time for. Hm. We'll see. This wouldn't happen to be the same Matt who ran the jet ski in Squamish a bit last year, is it?

If anyone is heading out to Island View let me know.
Thanks again!
..jenn
Mattdog

Post by Mattdog »

No dif Matt. Island View in Victoria? That's further from you dude ... are you confused? If you're going to Vic anyway, drop in PArksville its on your way.

Comox spit is closer but tide'll prob be too low soon.
Signature Block.
The Dogs Bollucks

Post by The Dogs Bollucks »

Saratoga beach today at around 2:00- 2:30 ... thats a good spot when the tide is low . Give me a call 702-1931 if you want some specifics
Dan
Ju wanna see big air kid ...??? Pull my finger ..