Search found 83 matches

by saulman
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:54 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Latest in Wetsuits - what to buy?
Replies: 68
Views: 28907

tempy wrote:Patagonia Yulex 1 on sale right now
Where?
by saulman
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:24 am
Topic: Replacement EVA foam deck pad / traction pad for SUP
Replies: 10
Views: 4618

Thanks for the advice.

I don't know if it will work for the leftover pad glue but if I use chemical, I found a few websites that talk about adding flour once you start removing the material. This is for adhesive stickers so it may not be the same for pad glue. I'll let you know how this goes.
by saulman
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:04 am
Topic: Replacement EVA foam deck pad / traction pad for SUP
Replies: 10
Views: 4618

Replacement EVA foam deck pad / traction pad for SUP

Looking for advice on where and what to buy for replacement pad material. Or any tips on removal, re-installation and cutting. I'm thinking that I'd like to get my hands on a large sheet and cut it to match the factory shape. The padding on this board is quite thin and I'd like to stick with that th...
by saulman
Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:09 pm
Topic: Found Seat Harness at Piper today
Replies: 0
Views: 1471

Found Seat Harness at Piper today

I think this belongs to John the lawyer with thedark pickup truck so if someone can pass the message along or knows how to get ahold of him, let me know.
by saulman
Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:32 pm
Topic: Proposed dock at 3884 Hammond Bay Rd.
Replies: 0
Views: 844

Proposed dock at 3884 Hammond Bay Rd.

For any Nanaimo Area residents who might care about the appearance of the Hammond Bay Beach Area: Tom Harris, is applying to put a dock for him and his buddies out into Hammond Bay. This would be the first such structure and as you might be able to tell, I'm not a fan. If you share my opinion, we ha...
by saulman
Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:38 am
Topic: ACL Injury?
Replies: 8
Views: 16806

Thanks for the feed back guys. Consensus seems to be skip the MRI so I cancelled the appointment. We'll see what the surgeon suggests on Wednesday and go from there. The words of wisdom are motivating and I think I will be re-reading them over the next while to keep me on the fitness train.
by saulman
Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:49 pm
Topic: ACL Injury?
Replies: 8
Views: 16806

ACL Injury?

First day up Mt Washington end of Feb and wrecked my knee on a lame blue groomed run. Did my ACL and MCL. The ortho at Comox emerg. didn't "class" the injuries but said "they're gone". So I have a first appointment with an orthopediac surgeon in Nanaimo at the end of this month a...
by saulman
Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:44 pm
Topic: Maui Beta
Replies: 31
Views: 7772

So Kus, this is what it says on the AC website. Where's the catch? Won't they treat it as a surf board? edit: Dohhh. Probably the length and length+width+height. Surfboards are accepted on a space available basis only and should be pre-registered at time of booking. Each surfboard counts as one piec...
by saulman
Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:22 pm

if you're going to try shipping to the US to keep costs down, think about shipping to a place called TBS in Point Roberts. Don't know if they do surfboards but they are pretty inexpensive and it's pretty easy to skip over on the Duke Point boat to grab it. Let me know what you do in case I catch the...
by saulman
Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:26 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Drift from piper's to gabriola on October 27
Replies: 42
Views: 10219

Care to share your story Scarlet?
by saulman
Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:20 pm
Topic: Drift from piper's to gabriola on October 27
Replies: 42
Views: 10219

So DavidM and I attended the debrief in Nanaimo on Wednesday at the RCMP station. Present were the manager of Joint Rescue Co-ordination Centre (JRCC) in Victoria, one of the two JRCC coordinators on duty that day and the RCMP officer who attended Pipers Beach. Also present were the Nanaimo RCMP sta...
by saulman
Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:24 am

G

what are your dates?

We'll be there November 30 to December 13 but staying on the other side of the island. This is a family trip but I'm hoping for a few days on the water.

Saul.
by saulman
Sun May 05, 2013 6:58 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Android phone widget app
Replies: 17
Views: 13767

Seems to work fine on Android 4.0.4. :?:
by saulman
Sun May 05, 2013 4:39 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Android phone widget app
Replies: 17
Views: 13767

Andorid ap issues

I seem to be having technical challenges with the BWD current wind android ap. :( When I try to place the widget on the panels, it goes to "Loading Data" but never completes . Is anyone else having glitches? I'm using it on a nexus 7 with Android 4.2.2. It is unfortunate that we won't be a...
by saulman
Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:28 am
Topic: Fresh at Pipers
Replies: 4
Views: 1623

Me thinks you are learning to waterstart a windsurfer. Correct? -in which case, my opinion is that the gear threat is not as great as Marty describes unless you are trying to do this in bigger waves or stronger winds. If you choose your day wisely, a SE could offer decent conditions as long as you f...