Search found 37 matches

by foilboy
Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:33 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Snowkiting
Replies: 10
Views: 2523

I am not sure how cold Quebec gets in Winter, but Northern Alberta is probably more extreme. Definitely go closed cell for a foil. It is worth the extra money. Overall a foil will cost you more than an inflatable.
Chris
by foilboy
Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:54 am
Topic: Snowkiting
Replies: 10
Views: 2523

I snowkited in Edmonton for a couple of years and once in the air all kites work. But pumping up and attaching lines in in -10 to -35C is a pain. Relaunching can be an issue with inflatables on snow without 5th line. I certainly preferred a foil. There is a small group of snowkiters in Edmonton and ...
by foilboy
Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:18 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Johnny Read's last blast - The Big Bang
Replies: 72
Views: 23424

I am in for $100

Chris
by foilboy
Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:18 pm
Topic: Snowkiting kite ratio Foil Vs Inflatable (Quebec City)
Replies: 16
Views: 3644

I have tried Mackenzie lake on two days. Wind was crap, 0-25km/h, shifting directions. I think it is too much in a bowl to have decent wind. It was a 1h hike from Raven lodge.

Chris
by foilboy
Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:50 pm

Hey teabag, there is a road to forbidden plateau? How steep and how much snow? I used a 17m Flysurfer speed and 13m Flysurfer Psycho 3. I prefer foils as relaunch is so simple on snow when on snowboard. I heard of lots of people kiting on green lake but saw only a skier with handheld windsurf rig. E...
by foilboy
Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:08 pm

Just spent two hours on green lake at Whistler. 10-15km/h on a big foil. Great session and easy for access. There were a lot of puddles that made me a bit nervous though.

Chris
by foilboy
Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:28 am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Authority is not the truth, truth is the authority!
Replies: 95
Views: 24408

That O'Reilly sounds like a couple of people on this forum.

Interesting link here on how the BBC fell in line with mainstream reporting:

http://joox.net/cat/44/id/1367195

Also lots of movies here unrelated to 911
by foilboy
Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:41 pm

It seems the only reason Silverstein is credited with confirming a demolition is because he uses the phrase "pull it" which in the context he uses it (did you watch that video?) appears to refer to removing firefighters from danger and letting the WTC7 burn. Schooled - When Silverstein sa...
by foilboy
Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:34 pm

MF4 - "But distinguishing between plausible alternates and plain crap is usually not too hard" Pretty strong statement. True enough the "Babies living on the Titanic" headlines does not require reading of the story, but when several observations are made that are inconsistent wit...
by foilboy
Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:51 pm

Thanks for the post TGIAPFB. Strange how this conflicts with the NIST version. How long does it take to prep a building to "pull it"? Strange also how the mainstream followers are most adamant about defending the official version without a doubt although there are so many poorly answered q...
by foilboy
Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:28 am

I got a chance to watch it. Not really all that new but nice summary on the WTC and banking issue. The NAU idea is certainly scarry. With the wide range of topics, they had to skim a bit and for more details I would recommend "Money Masters" , "911 Mysteries", "Terrorstorm&q...
by foilboy
Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:25 pm

Thanks for the post, Colin.
I got more movies on this on my HD if you are interested.

Chris
by foilboy
Wed May 30, 2007 6:11 pm
Topic: Biggest kitesurf loop!
Replies: 11
Views: 2580

Maybe it's your anatomy, Mattdog - congratulations! :wink:
My OR harness is the last thing on my mind when riding. Although I keep the straps loose it just stays put on my waist.
Chris
by foilboy
Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:42 am
Topic: snowkiting
Replies: 1
Views: 617

by foilboy
Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:31 pm
Topic: SnowKiteReconResults:
Replies: 3
Views: 1091

Hi Teabag, good research with great info. I just came back from an overnight trip to Lake Helen Mackenzie. I wished I have had a sled. The first day wind was swirly and 0-20km/h the next day even swirlier and 0-35km/h. Needless to say it was really frustrating. The clouds were zipping by steadily ab...