Search found 56 matches

by Mike D
Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:01 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: LaVentana - anyone coming down soon
Replies: 3
Views: 1536

No prob, if you still want me to bring them let me know. Great to hear about the wind...cant wait for some warm weather and wind.
by Mike D
Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:20 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: LaVentana - anyone coming down soon
Replies: 3
Views: 1536

glasses

Hi Tom,

I'll be coming down December 30th, PM me if you still need them.
by Mike D
Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:42 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Winter gloves
Replies: 21
Views: 5556

Dakine

I just bought some Dakine pre-curved mits. I kited in them for 2.5 hrs straight at Columbia on the weekend...they were warm and worked perfect. No forearm issues and I had enough dexterity to adjust the power line on the fly. I got them in Vancouver from http://airtimeboardsports.com/ZenCart/ I thin...
by Mike D
Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:16 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: 2009 Holiday Website Fundraiser
Replies: 52
Views: 15795

Thanks Dave for the indispensable site.
by Mike D
Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:18 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Fortaleza Brazil?
Replies: 1
Views: 1387

Fortaleza Brazil?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a kiteboarding school in Fortaleza Brazil?
by Mike D
Mon May 25, 2009 7:07 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Lost Board - Reward offered
Replies: 8
Views: 2295

Did you take the north or south side of lake Cowichan?
by Mike D
Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:04 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Holiday Website Fundraiser - Win a GoPro Helmet Cam!
Replies: 40
Views: 11014

Happy Christmas

I'm in with 20...Happy Christmas everyone. Dave thanks again for the site...invaluable.
by Mike D
Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:08 pm
Topic: heated kidney belt
Replies: 1
Views: 811

heated kidney belt

by Mike D
Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:33 pm
Topic: Pro Limit open palm mitten
Replies: 7
Views: 1770

local supplier

I would suspect that Chris gets them from Trident, as they are the North American distributor. I'll give him a try though..maybe he has a couple pair collecting dust in the back room.
by Mike D
Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:09 pm

sizing

BWD that's good to know about the sizing....I definitely wouldn't fit the medium, guess I'll need the XL then. I'll put you down for 1 pair of large.

Cheers.
by Mike D
Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:36 pm
Topic: Broken boom!!
Replies: 20
Views: 4473

Carbon fiber Lucky can

downwind dave, dunkinguy..LOL. Perhaps there could be a Special Edition recycled carbon fiber Lucky can , for that extra special stocking stuffer!! [smilie=drinkofbeer.gif] [smilie=drinkofbeer.gif] [smilie=drinkofbeer.gif] [smilie=drinkofbeer.gif] [smilie=drinkofbeer.gif] [smilie=drinkofbeer.gif] [s...
by Mike D
Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:27 pm

Open palm mitten still available

I talked with Prolimit, they still make the open palm mitten. The distributor is Trident Sports in North Vancouver. They currently only have mediums in stock. I'm going to give them a try. BTW I had to purchase them through North Shore Ski and Board, as Trident doesn't sell to the public. If you or ...
by Mike D
Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:15 pm

stupid question

BTW: This may be a stupid question, but why are carbon booms so pricey? [smilie=knockknock.gif]
by Mike D
Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:09 pm

Fibersnap

Fibersnap is right, it let go about 8'' behind the harness lines, not an area I would expect to fail. Kus I had no blister issues at all with the Chinook, maybe it was a problem with the older ones. Thanks Johnnyman, and Windoc for your input, I think I'll go for the Chinook again. 1K for a boom, an...
by Mike D
Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:37 pm

Thanks Russian Dude for the input, the Chinook has been good to you too... I might just stick with it.

Do you know if the reduced diameter Chinook is 26 mm, I couldn't find the sizing on the website. It seems most booms are 31-32 mm (1 1/4"). I want to try and find one in the 26mm range.