Search found 196 matches

by rvanderbyl
Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:17 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Waterproof Digital Cameras (point 'n shoot)
Replies: 38
Views: 7149

I have the Pentax W90. Did all the usual comparisons and decided this was the one for me. Main reasons for purchase were the size, awesome strap with carabiner (for attaching to belt loop or whatever, perfect when traveling) 5x optical, durability, HD movies, great macro mode and one other unusual f...
by rvanderbyl
Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:25 pm
Topic: ideal surf vehicle
Replies: 50
Views: 14028

Volkswagen Bulli concept. Small but interesting look.
http://autos.sympatico.ca/geneva-autosh ... li-concept
by rvanderbyl
Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:19 am
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Video of some guys off of Cook Street on Jan 17th.
Replies: 7
Views: 2432

Very cool video! Nicely done. Thanks!
by rvanderbyl
Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:09 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Lord of the Wind Showdown, Los Barriles, Baja race results
Replies: 11
Views: 3748

I'm sure that those who think they're lords of the strings won't be kickin the hobbit anytime soon! :lol: :wink:
Thanks for the link SB
by rvanderbyl
Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:19 pm
Topic: sail size
Replies: 14
Views: 2666

For what it's worth....I'm the same weight as you and have a 104 that I use with a 5.4 a lot of the time. 17 knots is pretty light for that combo. A good size for you in that range might be might be 6.0 to 6.5 or even 7.0. If your looking to add to your quiver a 6.2 might be a good jump up from ythe...
by rvanderbyl
Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:20 pm
Topic: Garbage at the Nitinaht
Replies: 41
Views: 9416

Let's just skip all the bull here. The original idea here is if you pack it in, then you can pack it out too! If someone wants to do a bottle drive then let them come to your site and ask for bottles. As far as the garbage goes, I've been cleaning up after others for years. If a few more of you did ...
by rvanderbyl
Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:31 pm
Topic: My Review of WWW/Port Alberni
Views: 2562

Perhaps Ian, with your type of kite, a trip by jet ski up the inlet would be a solution. You could do a huge downwinder and check out a lot more of the inlet. 8)
by rvanderbyl
Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:18 pm
Topic: My Review of WWW/Port Alberni
Views: 2562

Excellent review Tony, well done. Glad you didn't show up on Saturday. My sailing log explains it. Although those conditions on Saturday are the exception not the rule. Also, nice to see people, who haven't experienced PA yet, come out and give it a try. It's worth it when it goes off! :D :twisted:
by rvanderbyl
Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:28 pm
Topic: hip swinging thing
Replies: 13
Views: 3282

Try a waist harness that's your size. I switched while in the Baja last year and aside from it riding up I got comfortable with it on the first day. I tried my old seat harness a few weeks ago and it felt awful.
by rvanderbyl
Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:04 am
Topic: Kids at Nat
Replies: 19
Views: 5374

Well said Dave! I for one have never had a bad experience camping at the Nat. But then I never have slept in a tent there either. As far as drunks and idiots go that happens every where. Use good judgement when you pick your site. Preferably next to others with kids. Hopefully we will be there at le...
by rvanderbyl
Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:05 am
Topic: Kids at Nat
Views: 5374

Don't forget to urinate all around your tent once you set up camp! :shock: Important to mark your territory so the bears know where not to go. :idea: Or you could just pee in a cup and sprinkle it around your tent so as not to offend any neighbouring campers. :lol:
by rvanderbyl
Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:41 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Wild West Watersports coming soon to Port Alberni
Replies: 62
Views: 36660

Bulldoze Polly's point of course. :lol:
by rvanderbyl
Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:42 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: My Photo Site -->YOUR action!! up -> Cook June 13
Views: 7670

No, he's just imitating a sea lion. Looks like a happy sea lion though! :lol:
by rvanderbyl
Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:01 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: San Pareil Launch Area
Replies: 2
Views: 881

That area is private property, but nothing stopping anyone from asking the owners permission. There is also an area to the left of the cam where you can launch safely from the point at high tide.
by rvanderbyl
Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:46 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Accomodation in La Ventana
Replies: 10
Views: 3105

Should be fine with just a shorty! I was in board shorts and a rashy just a week ago.