Search found 21 matches

by Ryball
Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:30 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Baja Drive
Replies: 0
Views: 767

Baja Drive

I'm planning a 5-6 week trip down to La Ventana, ideally leaving late Nov/early December. Will fly if I need to but have always wanted to do the drive. Is anyone from Vancouver or the Island planning on driving down around that time and have extra room?
by Ryball
Fri May 08, 2015 1:00 pm
Topic: Nitinaht 2015: Road/Camp updates
Replies: 55
Views: 15397

I get that it says 14 days max but really?? We all know that guys set up in there the entire summer with a 5th wheel, tent trailer, motor home, bus, etc that don't move from June to September, often taking up prime real estate. I'm interested as well what these guys pay.
by Ryball
Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:18 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: WTF and Used Sales Shaming
Replies: 98
Views: 45624

Some nice gear on the kiting side as well...

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified- ... o_24936050
by Ryball
Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:10 pm
Topic: Nitnat Cell Service
Replies: 4
Views: 2141

Completely agree with BigD....unless of course you get a flat 30km down the road and you only realize then that you are missing the lug nut key to get your tire off. Good times were had a week ago because of this.

Yeah, I know...sort yourself out before you head out.
by Ryball
Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:00 am
Topic: jumping near the boat ramp
Replies: 19
Views: 6124

Even when I'm rigging my kite (up in the kiting area where I am supposed to), I get right pissed off when guys are boosting huge air, looping, 360s, etc about 3 inches from shore and right beside me. I've seen more than enough kites come tomahawking down, narrowly missing myself, other kiters, non-k...
by Ryball
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:02 pm
Topic: Campers at Nitnat
Replies: 5
Views: 1984

Dudes are camped out with massive trailers taking up prime spots the entire summer...the 14 day rule seems more like a suggestion than a rule.

by Ryball
Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:49 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Crossing Straits / downwinders
Replies: 44
Views: 12792

Definitely interested. Keep me in the loop for sure.
by Ryball
Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:38 pm
Topic: Lost Board - Nitinat - $$ Reward
Replies: 3
Views: 1211

Got my board back after 3 weeks. Much thanks Gilles!!
by Ryball
Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:25 pm
Topic: Nitinat Jellyfish
Replies: 8
Views: 2522

Nitinat Jellyfish

Can't help but notice the increasing number of jellyfish in Nitinat Lake over my last few weekends up there. I know this it not uncommon in the later months of the summer but my question is, has anyone ever heard of someone being stung by these guys? How bad are the stings from the type of jellyfish...
by Ryball
Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:26 pm
Topic: Lost Board - Nitinat - $$ Reward
Replies: 3
Views: 1211

Lost Board - Nitinat - $$ Reward

Lost my Crazy Fly Rocky Chatwell 130 (with Dakine bindings) on the water at Nitinat over the long weekend. Walked the entire end of the lake and did not find it so I am hoping someone picked it up. My name and number are on the board. Please contact me if you have seen it. Will give a cash reward if...
by Ryball
Wed May 02, 2012 7:45 pm
Topic: Fractured Ribs and a waist harness
Replies: 6
Views: 1924

I had the same thing happen to me in Zanzibar. Rented gear and the waist harness was a little too small. After only 5 minutes on the water, the harness rode up under my ribs and pulled outwards, breaking my 2 lower ribs on my right side. I, as well, now have the "bump" which makes it painf...
by Ryball
Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:16 pm
Topic: Caberete
Views: 1753

I'm a good kiter as I've been at it for 4 years now. I pretty much ride small waves and haven't played too much in the big ones yet. My wife can stay up wind most days but occasionally has some moments where she ends up way down the beach. So ideally, if you have any recommendations for spots to sta...
by Ryball
Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:53 pm
Topic: Caberete
Views: 1753

Caberete

I'm heading to Caberete over Christmas...just wondering if anyone has any good reviews/recommendations for places to stay. Ideally right on Kite Beach as we want to kite as much as possible.
by Ryball
Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:06 am
Topic: Kiting The Gorge: Advice?
Views: 1497

Kiting The Gorge: Advice?

I haven't been able to find much info online or on this forum so I thought I'd ask here... I have a week off in a couple of weeks. Am thinking about heading down to The Gorge to do some kiting. I have never been, but have heard a lot of good things. A couple of questions: 1) The person coming with m...
by Ryball
Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:25 pm
Topic: Reward: Lost Kiteboard at Nitinat
Views: 1413

Board retrieved. Thanks Aaron.