by emearg
Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:58 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Nitinat Update
Replies: 85
Views: 22428

$8 - for 4 liters !!! really ?
now that is gouging.

there was the source just before the motel, i take it it's gone now too ?

Has it been any more crowded than usual in the campground or beach camping ?

Thanks very much for any updates !!
by emearg
Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:24 pm
Topic: Money for nothing, at Nitinaht
Replies: 49
Views: 13406

Thanks for all the insite on the history Dale....as someone that has been coming to Nitinat for sometime i have seen the many changes as well, a rough road and lack of TP should be no issue - problem these days is the place is so frigging busy it can be hard to find a spot, especially with all the b...
by emearg
Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:35 pm
Topic: Nitinaht update!
Replies: 91
Views: 23611

Re: the bear

old story :roll: u need to write a note to Min of Forests or nothing's gonna happen....at all....ever....at that place..... that you cannot even rely on for TP to be in the outhouse despite people paying and getting paid. true enough. vehicles it has to be then; until they learn how to break into t...
by emearg
Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:29 pm
Topic: Nitinaht update!
Replies: 91
Views: 23611

the bear

I was up there last week, was in the site beside where the cooler got pulled from the tent (then we moved)...little guy had a nice feast on a steak and wanted more. seems that the preparations for bears up there are less than some areas in cities that have bear problems. People leave garbage out, em...
by emearg
Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:10 pm
Topic: Beginner Kiters
Replies: 22
Views: 5831

well some interesting responses.....some being rational some making it personnel.... For some please reread my intial post another way, substitute windsurfer for kiter and windsurfing gear for kiting gear - i would expect the windsurfer to take responsibility for damages that their gear or their mis...
by emearg
Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:38 pm
Topic: Beginner Kiters
Replies: 22
Views: 5831

Beginner Kiters

I was up at Nitinat over the long weekend and could not help but notice how many beginner Kiters there are up there now and how much of a hazard they have become to other users, especially windsurfers. I have nothing against Kiters but some responsibility needs to be taken for run away boards and ki...