Search found 47 matches

by Gdawg
Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:48 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Board recommendations....75L single, twin or quad?
Replies: 39
Views: 9205

is the shape of a board important or just the number of fins? I would say that the key shape variables (volume distribution (length, width, thickness) , rocker) all trump number of fins in terms of influencing the board's performance. Get those dialed and then worry about the secondary influences s...
by Gdawg
Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:20 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: My Hands Hurt...
Replies: 13
Views: 2777

Suspicion confirmed. My fingers/hands unequivocally did not hurt after sailing in Maui last week. As a result, I will now be moving, seeking medical refugee status in the US. I would suggest that all who are similarly afflicted try this form of therapy.
by Gdawg
Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:15 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Board recommendations....75L single, twin or quad?
Replies: 39
Views: 9205

My $0.02 about quads - was in Maui last week and they're certainly all the rage there. Tried out an RRD 83L quad at Kanaha. I'm pretty sure I could have fun riding a door at lower's so my review might be tinted with rose coloured glasses, but I loved it. Most conspicuous thing for me was the 'drive'...
by Gdawg
Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:27 pm
Topic: BWD tshirt & logo design
Replies: 99
Views: 14234

I've always been a fan of the BC surf forum logo:

Maybe we could get the guy who designed it to work on one for BWD? He probably doesn't come cheap though...
by Gdawg
Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:44 pm
Topic: My Hands Hurt...
Replies: 13
Views: 2777

My Hands Hurt...

after sailing in cold water. The cold water is nothing new to me - I'm used to the acute pain that you get when you first thaw your hands after their initial freeze and then you're good to go for the rest of the sesh. But within the past couple of years, I've started noticing on the drive home in th...
by Gdawg
Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:08 am
Topic: Gath Helmet - With or without hood?
Replies: 8
Views: 1702

Large it is for me. My suit has the integrated hood - a thin cap/beanie is not really an option. Thanks for the input all.
by Gdawg
Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:58 pm
Topic: Gath Helmet - With or without hood?
Replies: 8
Views: 1702

Gath Helmet - With or without hood?

To all of you guys/gals out there sailing with Gath (or any other) helmets. I'm needing to buy one but I'm not sure whether to buy a medium which fits my bare head, or a large which fits if I've got my hood up on my suit. Primarily intended for windy winter days which would suggest the latter setup,...
by Gdawg
Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:42 pm
Topic: The Windsurfing Movie II - Victoria Premiere
Replies: 46
Views: 9715

I'm in for the Vic showing.
by Gdawg
Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:50 pm
Topic: Kids at Nat
Replies: 19
Views: 5352

We're planning the same starting Aug 5. Done a bunch of day trips with the kids (1 and 3) and they've enjoyed those - now going to try a couple of nights. Not sure how its going to turn out but it'll be a fun experiment nonetheless.
by Gdawg
Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:33 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Suyalita mexico accommodations
Replies: 4
Views: 2467

Pretty sure this is where I stayed when I was travelling through some years ago. Right on the beach, fun place if you're a surfer/traveller looking for other like-minded people. Rock reef right out front. http://www.gonomad.com/destinations/0012/koch_sayulita.html "The Camaron is next door with...
by Gdawg
Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:33 am
Topic: NY resolutions
Replies: 9
Views: 1850

Pushies

I resolve to drive less and pushloop more. Here here. Pushloops have been on my to-do list for a few years now. Probably need to up my TOW by 200% to be in a position to go for them, but what good is a goal if its not lofty. Also, in solidarity with GWIND, I too will spend more money on alcohol thi...
by Gdawg
Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:48 am
Topic: How we use the University of Washington Wind Model
Replies: 226
Views: 86011

Hugely useful. 3x / day user.
by Gdawg
Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:47 pm
Topic: Sailboats
Replies: 47
Views: 9106

F-22 adventure begins

Took the plunge....my F-22 plans are on the way. Anyone interested is welcome to come for a sail when I'm done.....in 2014.
by Gdawg
Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:39 pm
Topic: Jordan River is UP FOR SALE
Replies: 137
Views: 27670

Ditto