Search found 206 matches

by AJSpencer
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:26 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Online windsurf shop
Replies: 8
Views: 5740

Anyone have experience buying and/or communicating with 2rad? I ordered something small a couple of months ago and haven’t received anything. I emailed a couple of their emails a few days ago and no response.
by AJSpencer
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:25 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Windsurfing Training Program
Replies: 5
Views: 4444

Always do Kegels before micro IPAs.
by AJSpencer
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:53 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Best place to stay in Tofino
Replies: 11
Views: 7922

Spent a few nights at Ocean Village on Mackenzie Beach and Tofino Paddle was right next door, so quick walk along the beach. Mackenzie Beach was a perfect place to learn to SUP surf I think, other than mostly beach break, but still managed to surf right up to the beach a handful of times without hit...
by AJSpencer
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:14 pm
Topic: Dallas Road RV Park Petition
Replies: 7
Views: 6906

Signed. Should be enforced.
by AJSpencer
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:54 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Island View Weather Station (again)
Replies: 4
Views: 8035

Nevermind, I see it is in the Table. Sweet!
by AJSpencer
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:52 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Island View Weather Station (again)
Replies: 4
Views: 8035

Nice. Will this be listed in the Latest Reports Table or only accessible through those links?
by AJSpencer
Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:53 am

Ended up cancelling the airbnb and went with Ocean Village which has hot tub and indoor pool, and is right on MacKenzie, so seemed quite a bit better and about $200 less.
by AJSpencer
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:59 pm

Good call on Chestermans airbnb. Got one booked. Hopefully not -5C and 45knots first week of Feb. :shock: Thanks guys. Planning surf sup/surf, bringing bikes for exploring, hiking around Tonquin Park. Any other must-dos, please pass along. We didn’t find a place with a hot tub but looks like you can...
by AJSpencer
Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:04 am

Looking for best bang for buck. Don't have a ton of money. Choosing this trip over buying a new foil and board so hoping to keep total trip around $1500, which looks tight. But decent hotel rates this time of year it looks like. Looking at $100/night each at Middle Beach Lodge right now. Or just a d...
by AJSpencer
Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:40 pm

Best place to stay in Tofino

Hey guys, I grew up on the island but for whatever reason I’ve never been to Tofino. No good excuse. Anyways, I’m planning to go now and taking my 14 year old step son along with me. I want to get beginner surf lessons for the both of us, and I want to rent our own separate rooms to give him some fr...
by AJSpencer
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:48 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Don't laugh but... foil on 200L Starboard GO?
Replies: 3
Views: 3595

Don't laugh but... foil on 200L Starboard GO?

Hey guys, Definitely novice with windsurfing. Decided to try to get back into windsurfing earlier this year. Saw lots of recommendations online for Starboard GO, so was looking around for used ones and found a 200L (ya, big!). Got a used rig from BWD forum and got out and had fun the few days I was ...