Search found 193 matches

by Geoffy
Sat May 25, 2013 6:08 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: SUP question
Replies: 60
Views: 10654

Will let you know, may be wishing for a SUP by Sunset today! 8)
by Geoffy
Fri May 24, 2013 4:17 pm
Topic: SUP question
Views: 10654

How does one get a wind report for La Push???
by Geoffy
Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:37 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Board Building
Replies: 11
Views: 3338

I used to get very large foam blocks from an outfit over in Delta (Annacis Is if I remember correctly) - they make the 1# density expanded bead polystyrene (EPS) search under insulation foam or check at Home Depot as that's their product. Another place in New West has a CNC hot wire for architectura...
by Geoffy
Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:59 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Video Footage
Replies: 15
Views: 3321

Re: localism

As a new comer to this island, i do not have the time to learn the decades of local knowledge. So the tribe (windsurfers and kiters) do not want to share?! :shock: :( Makes me realize that the whole community has evolved into something i don't even recognize anymore. I have been involved in many di...
by Geoffy
Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:24 pm
Topic: Lost Board ReWaRd 300$ Columbia Beach
Views: 3275

And one more thing - all you folks write your phone numbers on board!!!! I found a fairly new kiteboard off Kanaha, way, way out past Uppers, and trashed my session bringing it in to shore on a windsurfer, hooked over one arm in sub-planing conditions (that hurt). Only to find no identifying marking...
by Geoffy
Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:18 pm
Topic: Lost Board ReWaRd 300$ Columbia Beach
Views: 3275

You can send something to her by courier (like a nice wine and cheese, etc. basket) and have courier pick up board at same time to return to you, it really should not need packaging, does it? You can do label ahead of time, UPS will do that.
by Geoffy
Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:22 pm
Topic: COLUMBIA WEB CAM. Etc ?
Replies: 45
Views: 9268

Can you take down that new CB webcam please? Going to be almost as bad as Maui webcams for wanna-be-there envy and/or "Oh-crap why didn't I drive up today?" :( Bad enough to have the SISWAD (South Island Seasonal Wind Affected Disorder), but at least before today we sometimes didn't know h...
by Geoffy
Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:09 pm
Topic: Quad Fin Review - Quatro 95L Starboard 92L
Views: 13403

Maui past May-June I used JP Quad for first 5 days or so and then JP thruster (tri) for next 9. My home boards are JP Wave & FSW single fins 2010. Serious winds and waves were to be had. Feeling - Thruster by far the preference, if used locally would ride it most likely 80% of the time as a sing...
by Geoffy
Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:28 pm
Topic: Gulf of Roses Bay
Replies: 1
Views: 849

Been there early to mid April and it was cold with frontal winds. Go as late in spring as you can if you want thermals. Some rental centers don`t open in April, not sure about May. Quick hop over to where Fishes are killing us (with their logs!! :wink: ) from.
by Geoffy
Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:51 pm
Topic: BWD Wear 2012
Replies: 33
Views: 9151

Two medium blue zip hoodies please BA - Thanks!
by Geoffy
Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:20 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Oregon Wavesailing Trips 2012
Replies: 222
Views: 56115

Just checking weather and surf report, windfinder showing less than good conditions for south coast, pressure map looking so-so, what's the scoop from locals (i.e. - you Vi folks already around?) Heading out tomorrow first thing in am (6:15 am ferry from PA) if it's going to be OK - planning to stay...
by Geoffy
Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:26 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Oregon Wavesailing Trips 2012
Replies: 222
Views: 56115

Nanmoo - 1st to the 5th, then on to Portland Blues Fest for an awesome lineup!! :D :D :D See you there.
by Geoffy
Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:10 pm
Topic: Russian Dood - we're thinking of you!
Replies: 289
Views: 84226

Ahhh - RD - blessings to you in the difficult times and so glad you're with family back home in your culture, although you surely feel how your adopted home misses you. You'll leave a hole in our community that can't be filled.
by Geoffy
Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:30 am
Topic: divinycell or similar foam core
Replies: 2
Views: 1142

If they don't have it contact me (in North Saanich) What thickness do you need?
Geoff
by Geoffy
Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:16 pm
Topic: Nitinat in early May
Replies: 21
Views: 5492

OtLunch wrote:regarding how we predict Renfrew?

I usually want to go to Renfrew anyway and use the above to convince myself that it is a good idea to go.
This could be the mantra for almost any of us wind-addicted folk - thanks!!