Search found 336 matches

by tempy
Sat May 29, 2004 9:42 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Island Vs Squamish to live
Replies: 34
Views: 7944

island or squamish

don't overlook the rest of the island. Nanaimo is a great place to live - central - close to Nitinat, Vancouver, Mount Washington. Has ocean sailing nearby - Pipers, Columbia beach. And the cost of living - housing in particular is way cheaper than Victoria or the mainland. Love it here.
by tempy
Fri May 28, 2004 7:16 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: what's in your player right now ?
Replies: 34
Views: 9735

what's in your player

lloyd cole and the commotions - classic stuff
by tempy
Tue May 25, 2004 9:28 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: how many days a year do you windsurf???
Replies: 10
Views: 2928

how many days

not enough. 2 rugrats and a garden cut into the selfish time, but they all love Nitinat. Vancouver Island has to be the place to be. Nitinat is great, Pipers, Columbia Beach, Victoria ... the list goes on. The scene is also very relaxed and welcoming.
by tempy
Tue May 25, 2004 8:57 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: windsurfers OWN kiters
Replies: 41
Views: 9950

windsurfers own kiters

we are better than you ... yadda, yadda, yadda

I windsurf. Kiting looks cool, but I like the stuff that is unique to windsurfing - going FAST, and cranking jibes.

But, why knock kiters?
by tempy
Tue May 25, 2004 8:35 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: windsurfers OWN kiters
Replies: 41
Views: 9950

windsurfers and kiteboarders CAN live in peace

both are cool sports. both need codes of conduct for the safety of everyone on the water. both deserve respect and are loads of fun. I am thinking the person who started this thread was either joking just to stir some sh**, or is a complete loser - whether they windsurf or kiteboard. good natured ri...
by tempy
Mon May 24, 2004 10:17 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Tell me about what windsurfing is like
Replies: 22
Views: 4362

windsurfing is about...

feeling as if you are literally flying across the water; looking back and seeing that the roostertail looks as amazing as it sounds; gybing without thinking - trying to deconstruct it in your mind to do it again, and then giving up trying to remember in your mind and letting your body remember; waki...