Armstrong Performance Masts

General discussions about wingfoiling: equipment, tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, pump safety.
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Armstrong Performance Masts

Post by winddoctor »

Armstrong just stepped up their game with new high modulus masts. No more Mr. Noodle! :lol: Looks like some other cool stuff coming soon too...

Poultry in motion
Tsawwassen
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: Armstrong Performance Masts

Post by Tsawwassen »

Looks impressive, but not cheap. I just saw one on the kiteforce website and they are about $2000, just for the mast.
smartang

Re: Armstrong Performance Masts

Post by smartang »

2023 is the year of 2k masts. Unfortunately most of them do provide that much more high speed and glide performance. Matt Nuzzo stop playing dumb. The mast is nearly 40% heavier than the original 85. 'Slight' stops at 10%. And Army saying they cut weight away from the baseplate where you don't need it? That's the most structurally critical part of a mast. Meaning the weight is more swing weight.

That being said, it is still the lightest weight of all the new stiff masts I've seen. I bet the axis 90HM is ~6lbs. Weight is not always a bad thing though. If you're into max speed on small foils the weight will add a lot of stability though turbulent water.