Pat Bay session

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Joe

Pat Bay session

Post by Joe »

Had a great spring session at Pat Bay today. Thanks for the tip Dave. :lol: Left work for a.....(ahem)...doctor appointment :wink: . Rigged a 5.1 and sailed from 4-6 pm FULLY powered. The wind was steady the entire time and did not drop then pick up as is common there. Some nice swell by the jetty gave me some sweet jumps and smooth bottom turns. No one else there, just me and the seals. Every one else was probably down at Cook St.
bwd
Developer
Developer

Good call...

Post by bwd »

Hey Retik:

I should have joined you. I think you swapped the wind with Cook Street. Cook was gusty as hell and had NW in it so it was offshore a bit. It was fun 4.7 though. Reports from earlier in the day say it was "epic" - I hate hearing that.

Not many people there either - where was everyone?

dave
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better
grant

Post by grant »

hey dave, bummer on the kook st. session. I had a lucky day off, and scored small but fun JR. The breeze would have been 5.0/5.5 for you, I got there about 2:30, maybe it was stronger earlier? Absolutely nobody there. Who knew Pat Bay was the center of the wind universe?
JL

Post by JL »

:P Way to go retik! To bad Dave, it's that 'never leave wind to find wind scenario!' Pat Bay has it's moments in the spring!! I'm looking forward to loosing this bronchitis & getting back out!
Thermals are good.