Search found 20 matches

by johnz
Fri May 10, 2019 2:58 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Buying Local from Ocean Rodeo, summer 2019 update
Replies: 5
Views: 4367

Just an idea I'll throw out there (no idea on the feasibility or if it's worthwhile for you guys), but as someone who works mon-fri 8-430 (out on the peninsla) it would be awesome if you had even 1 day a month (or every second thursday or something) where the "store" was open for slightly...
by johnz
Thu May 09, 2019 2:59 pm

Is there a certain threshold of beer whereby one can circumvent this process? 😄 Beer is always a good ice breaker! Ha! Honestly though, we are always happy to see locals at the office and to help them out but it just helps everyone save time and frustration if the order is placed ahead ...
by johnz
Thu May 09, 2019 12:24 pm

Buying Local from Ocean Rodeo, summer 2019 update

Hello all! With the warm weather finally here we're starting to see an uptick in local interest and walk in traffic. With that in mind, and with the growth of the business lately, I wanted to provide you all an update. First of all, Ocean Rodeo is your local brand. We're proud to be local to Vancouv...
by johnz
Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:50 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: iKamper Roof Top Tents
Replies: 0
Views: 959

iKamper Roof Top Tents

What's up Nitinat faithful?! Many of you will recall that I had 3 seasons at the lake with an ARB Simpson III roof top tent. You'll likely also have seen a number of other similar models up at the lake. If you're considering a roof top tent for this coming season, hit me up! I've done the research a...
by johnz
Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:33 am
Topic: Nitinat Kite Lessons, Launching affecting Park/water users
Replies: 60
Views: 19525

Windsurfers and kiters should be friends! It's all about the sun, waves and wind! Lessons need the full use of the lake or the student's $$ and time to practice will be wasted on micro runs. If windsurfers or kiters find the launch areas and "corridors" too crowded or littered with beginn...
by johnz
Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:12 pm
Topic: Nitinat Kite Lessons, Launching affecting Park/water users
Replies: 60
Views: 19525

Windsurfers and kiters should be friends! It's all about the sun, waves and wind! Lessons need the full use of the lake or the student's $$ and time to practice will be wasted on micro runs. If windsurfers or kiters find the launch areas and "corridors" too crowded or littered with beginne...
by johnz
Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:33 pm
Topic: Esquimalt Ocean Access
Replies: 14
Views: 2885

PS - good on you Luke!
by johnz
Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:32 pm
Topic: Esquimalt Ocean Access
Replies: 14
Views: 2885

Luke, I have been kiting Saxe Point 3 times at least (I live 2 minute from your house, im actually on your wifi right now, you should change your password imo). Anyway, prior to that 5 +++ try where I was not able to get on the water because it is very sketchy, small gust and walking on the rocks l...
by johnz
Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:07 am
Topic: Possible Limited Edition 7m Storm Kite
Replies: 6
Views: 2850

Possible Limited Edition 7m Storm Kite

Local Ladies and Gents, We've had some initial inquiries from some of the Comox crew as to the possibility of a 7m Storm for the season. This is not a kite we intend to put into our regular product offering to all consumers so - if we made one - it would be a limited run, likely done in one uniform ...
by johnz
Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:38 pm
Topic: Sticky Bumps PUNT and WOO GPS
Replies: 2
Views: 1669

Sticky Bumps PUNT and WOO GPS

What's up Victoria... just a heads up, I've used Ocean Rodeo's "immense" influence to get access to the Woo Sports Sensor and to Sticky Bumps Punt Wax . So here's the deal. Woo - Current best estimate is that we will be able to sell these for $300 CAD plus tax. I know, they are $199 USD bu...
by johnz
Fri May 03, 2013 9:04 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Ocean Rodeo/ RVYC KOOK ST Crew Event
Replies: 31
Views: 8804

I've got the Airstyle DVD here (at OR) if anyone is in the area can you come by and grab it? I can't make tonight and need to head north from work so was planning on not coming back into town before departure.

Much love to Steve and Michelle, see you back in the office soon enough Steve-O!
by johnz
Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:05 am
Topic: Ocean Rodeo Prodigy - All New 3 Strut Freeride Kite
Replies: 25
Views: 6326

Yeah guys! Sandy, we will do our best to get one up to your neck of the woods....they make great school kites, I'll email ya :) Smartang, see if you can connect with Ned this weekend to try one, especially if the wind is light. Would be stoked to see your take on the kite and its relaunch! Thanks fo...
by johnz
Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:55 am
Topic: Ocean Rodeo Prodigy - All New 3 Strut Freeride Kite
Replies: 25
Views: 6326

Ocean Rodeo Prodigy - All New 3 Strut Freeride Kite

Ocean Rodeo is excited to announce its newest kite, The Prodigy . http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8160/7584308392_e14a6f2720_o.jpg Available in sizes 3, 5, 7, 9.5, 12 &14m Designed to be an all new Freeride experience the Prodigy features a compact 3 strut design, ultra stable flight characteristi...
by johnz
Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:53 am
Topic: Windfest 2011
Replies: 13
Views: 3609

OR will be at the lake that weekend with 2012 gear for all to demo if you wish. Very low key, have officially pulled the plug on a full on Crew Event given the toss up as to if Windfest will happen or not. Mark has been working hard to pull it off, I have no doubt. Either way, official or not, with ...
by johnz
Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:43 pm
Topic: Windfest 2011 and Ocean Rodeo 2011 Nitinat Lake Crew Event
Replies: 0
Views: 627

Windfest 2011 and Ocean Rodeo 2011 Nitinat Lake Crew Event

As many of you will know Ocean Rodeo has been proud to be involved with Windfest for the last number of summers. This year Mark and Marie of Elevation Kiteboarding are working hard to ensure you will all be able to enjoy Windfest again with a renewed focus on amateur competition and a drive to bring...