Search found 216 matches

by Gareth
Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:42 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Johnny Read
Replies: 97
Views: 49825

One of the Dallas Road Originals, hopefully still finding big air!
by Gareth
Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:14 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Calling all Kiteboard Travellers!
Replies: 14
Views: 3438

Cape Town/Durban, South Africa. Good wave kiting and windy. although it is summer there you will also get some decent surfing in.
by Gareth
Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:17 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Upwind at Nitinat PSA
Replies: 34
Views: 8789

It is always a debate and it is tired. As Skywalker points out--read the guidelines, oddly enough they work quite well. The biggest danger seems to be people trying to land their kites on the main beach, and just expecting that someone/anyone knows how to catch their kite and will catch their kite. ...
by Gareth
Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:13 pm
Topic: Twin Tip vs. Surfboard
Replies: 15
Views: 4783

Use an old icescraper to remove the wax, it comes off easily. My advice-ride the board as is for awhile and see where you place your front foot before you committ to a pad. Either way, you will still need to put some wax between the 2 pads.

P.S. enjoy the board :D
by Gareth
Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:31 am
Topic: etiquette and consideration
Replies: 52
Views: 15741

juandesooka an Teabag nailed it. It is usually the ignorant newcomer who thinks that they have 100% equal rights that causes the probem. Like him I have surfed many of the premier spots that can get crowded and rarely run into a problem. The etiquette already exists, just follow it. There is a subtl...
by Gareth
Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:10 pm
Topic: etiquette and consideration
Replies: 52
Views: 15741

I dont get it and dont believe in it either. Not because someone is less good of a rider that he has to steer away... It is more about how new you are to a spot. Why the new guy should have priority? If I go to Italy, Thailand, Mexico, other parts in Canada or anywhere else, Ill take whatever spot ...
by Gareth
Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:28 am
Topic: Rule of 3... Kite Review request!!!
Replies: 22
Views: 6269

I have used a 7m and 10m for the last 6 years, but do use 2 boards. I have always used OR gear. Firstly becuase it is excellent and works well in our condtions and seacondly, they are local.

They are a great company with great product.
by Gareth
Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:41 am
Topic: kiteboarding accidents / safety tips
Replies: 291
Views: 146986

Snaking someone is always bad and shouldn't' be tolerated.in that case just drop in anyway. When they yell at you just tell them that the beach might be s better place for them to hang out. :D
by Gareth
Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:43 pm
Topic: kiteboarding accidents / safety tips
Replies: 291
Views: 146986

The first rule of waves is to stay out of the person riding the waves way , even if this means getting taken out by the whitewater. The waverider has complete right of way. Also, there should only ever be one person on a wave unless the wave is breaking both left and right. Generally the person clos...
by Gareth
Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:25 pm
Topic: The Nitinat rules
Replies: 49
Views: 14222

Good job on the updated rules/guidelines. They should be posted at Nitnat.
8)
by Gareth
Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:37 am
Topic: Nitinaht Lake
Replies: 23
Views: 6480

Search self- rescue techniques on the web/forums. If you are not familiar with them, you probably shouldn't be doing the sport.
by Gareth
Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:36 pm
Topic: All My Kite Gear Stolen Off Dallas Road Beach!
Replies: 8
Views: 2696

I lost one a few years ago at Kook and it ended up on Trial Island--sometimes the current overules the wind.
by Gareth
Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:22 am
Topic: Ocean Rodeo Bar
Replies: 7
Views: 2107

I have a 2009 10 m RISE with bar

Gareth
250-882-1981
by Gareth
Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:35 am
Topic: Kids at Nat
Replies: 19
Views: 5336

My kids are now 12 and 14. We have been camping there since the oldest was 3 months old and they still love going there. no bad memories, only good ones.
by Gareth
Fri May 28, 2010 8:13 am
Topic: $250 Reward on Lost Board
Replies: 5
Views: 1600

I lost a board at CooK a few years ago, a fisherman found it on Trial Island - so that is a possibillity.