Search found 250 matches

by SmallWaveSteve
Fri May 10, 2019 4:02 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Buying Local from Ocean Rodeo, summer 2019 update
Replies: 5
Views: 4357

Thanks John, that's what I've historically what I've done, but wasn't sure if I was being a nuisance :)
by SmallWaveSteve
Fri May 10, 2019 2:35 pm
Topic: Buying Local from Ocean Rodeo, summer 2019 update
Views: 4357

Just an idea I'll throw out there (no idea on the feasibility or if it's worthwhile for you guys), but as someone who works mon-fri 8-430 (out on the peninsla) it would be awesome if you had even 1 day a month (or every second thursday or something) where the "store" was open for slightly ...
by SmallWaveSteve
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:16 am
Topic: Kiteboarding (Golf) Travel Bag to Maui
Replies: 6
Views: 5390

I've done it 4-5 times (not to maui) and never got dinged on the way down (including once where I had to unpack/rearrange some stuff to carry on, super obvious it wasnt' golf gear).
I've been hit on the way back about 50% of the time from central american countries.
by SmallWaveSteve
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:53 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Windfest & Camp Fees
Replies: 17
Views: 11349

I'm sure you'll get a bunch of push back from the negative nancy's, but it's totally reasonable IMO (and I'm sure the majority of windfest supporters wouldn't bat an eyelash at it. Letting it be known well in advance is half the battle (clear signage at the entrance to the campground, the windsurfer...
by SmallWaveSteve
Tue May 29, 2018 9:54 am
Topic: Source for fin boxes?
Replies: 16
Views: 6219

Have you checked out Fiberglass Supply? I'm not super in the know with all the naming conventions for windsurf finboxes, but they have a bunch of different kinds: http://shop.fiberglasssupply.com/Surf_Sail_components-Sailboard_Mast_Fin_Box.html I have some stuff I was going to order from them, if th...
by SmallWaveSteve
Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:40 am
Topic: Differences in OR Prodigy gen 3 vs 4 vs 5
Replies: 8
Views: 3663

KUS wrote:Shite...I gots 3 of the things...valves all seem the same but now I feel I have "old" gear, where does it say the Gen#??
Definitely one of the older gens, you should probably upgrade. I'll dispose of the old ones for you
by SmallWaveSteve
Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:25 pm
Topic: Ocean Rodeo 2016 Prodigy 9.5 - swapping
Replies: 2
Views: 2113

Re: Ocean Rodeo 2016 Prodigy 9.5 - swapping

Oh and I'm going to put a mark on the kite that makes it recognizable to me too Not a bad idea. It was bad enough just with the black OR pumps everywhere (i've had one taken, and one swapped out for a crappier one). I can certainly see the potential for this happening now that there are so many pro...
by SmallWaveSteve
Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:45 am
Topic: What is your largest kite?
Replies: 6
Views: 2857

I'm ~210. I have an older (~2011) Caution! Zombie 15m, it's got that extra little bit of grunt over my 12m flite. The flite is certainly more efficient, and they can both get me out in almost the same winds (my 15m is a heavier 6 strut design, so I don't really gain much bottom end over the flite, b...
by SmallWaveSteve
Tue May 02, 2017 2:39 pm
Topic: Lessons in Nitinat in June ?
Replies: 2
Views: 1887

A lot depends on the weather but I'd be flabbergasted if there weren't lessons running by June. I'd recommend getting in touch with MartyD/Strong Kiteboarding, they can give you a call if they have space and the forecast looks decent. When I was starting out I did lessons with Marty in late April (o...
by SmallWaveSteve
Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:43 pm
Topic: Spearfishing
Replies: 3
Views: 2062

You guys should check out the westcan spearo's facebook group. Lots of gear, and people looking for diving buddies.
by SmallWaveSteve
Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:20 pm
Topic: Helmet preference?
Replies: 25
Views: 10928

I use the shred ready sesh from MEC and I've never had issues with it water bucketing. It's fairly low profile with the size of my melon, comfy too. Lots of crashes to test it too.
by SmallWaveSteve
Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:21 am
Topic: Packing travel bag/protecting board
Views: 2616

That's what I ended up going with, made a ring of it with the pipe insulation and tuck tape, and it slips over the the edge of the board with a bit of stretching and shouldn't come off in transit. Works great!
by SmallWaveSteve
Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:55 pm

Jaksent wrote:Hot water line foam insulation is a lot smaller diameter and is pre-slit. Might save you some time and frustration of dealing with the pool noodle.
Excellent, never would have thought of that stuff, thanks!
by SmallWaveSteve
Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:56 am

Packing travel bag/protecting board

I'm leaving for Panama on Saturday, so figured I should start thinking about packing my bag. I've got an un-padded mystic golf bag I'm planning on using but want to protect the rails on my board since it's wider than the TT's I've travelled with (crazyfly skim). I'm thinking of picking up a pool noo...
by SmallWaveSteve
Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:09 pm
Topic: How low can you go? 12m flite
Replies: 13
Views: 5597

Do you guys sell them separate? I'll have to double check my bars I have left but I think they're all 23 or 21m