Search found 17 matches

by smokedvw
Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:19 pm
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Who's riding out at Pat Bay in Sidney? I'm wondering on wing size for the summer?
Replies: 3
Views: 1596

Who's riding out at Pat Bay in Sidney? I'm wondering on wing size for the summer?

Hi, I have seen a few people riding out there in the summer when the wind picks up and due to it being 10 minutes from me I would like to get a wing that would work well to ride there in the summer. I have not started winging yet but have been riding wake foiling for the past 3 years. I will be ridd...
by smokedvw
Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:00 pm
Topic: Wing foiler on 2 Rivers in Sproat Lake Saturday Blue and Red duotone wing?
Replies: 2
Views: 1318

Wing foiler on 2 Rivers in Sproat Lake Saturday Blue and Red duotone wing?

Wondering if anyone knows the person who went Wing Foiling on 2 Rivers on Saturday? They were on a Blue and Red duotone I put up a map to show the location. I am curious what size wing they are on and which volume of board. I planned to get 6m wing and 130L board to ride out of Taylor Arm. Thanks He...
by smokedvw
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:35 am
Topic: Which wing foil for 10-18 knots?
Replies: 4
Views: 3328

Re: Which wing foil for 10-18 knots?

We are on Taylor Arm, that stretch of 11 cabins without power so the wind gets into there every afternoon normally. We always wind surfed it as kids, I think there and further down the arm past battle ship island (Taylor Arm Provincial Park) are the places that really get wind in the afternoons. The...
by smokedvw
Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:01 pm
Topic: Which wing foil for 10-18 knots?
Views: 3328

Which wing foil for 10-18 knots?

Hi, I just decided today to buy a Neil Pryde Glide Surf 19 to be able to ride behind out wakeboard boat since my old kite board (LF original rocket style) can not be used under 17mph and I wanted to ride ropeless and have fun playing in the wake. I still plan to use the 5' LF Rocket Fish board with ...
by smokedvw
Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:10 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Kiting tomorrow in town, Willows beach?
Views: 1482

Yeah I'm thinking cook steet

If anyone's going down let me know,

Aaron
by smokedvw
Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:55 pm
Topic: Kiting tomorrow in town, Willows beach?
Views: 1482

Kiting tomorrow in town, Willows beach?

I was hoping to go kiting tomorrow at Willows beach... It looked like a nice SE on the forecast yesterday for the morning afternoon but it looks like the forecast might have changed to only the morning. I have never kited there but would like to check it out if anyone has been and would like to join...
by smokedvw
Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:26 am
Topic: Kiteboarding in Portugal
Views: 2470

I lived there for 4 months in the summer. Guincho in the summer was pumping pretty much daily. I'm sure you will love it. We would just drive over each day to ride. There are some RV camping areas just up the way from it, maybe 5 minutes. Not sure how full they become in the summer as we had a house...
by smokedvw
Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:28 pm
Topic: Port Authority and Kiting
Replies: 31
Views: 8772

Hey so I checked out the Quay last time I was down there. Do you guys just pump up/setup lines, launch and then jump off the pier? Where do you land? I'm assuming not climbing back up it somehow. Thanks ill be back up there for another 3 weeks starting this long weekend. I also found a place via boa...
by smokedvw
Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:28 am
Topic: Cook street Wednesday anyone?
Views: 1264

I also have time to drive up to Gordons Beach is the quality of the spot a lot better?

It looks like the launch / riding area right on the beach and looks to be nicer from Google maps but I haven't used
by smokedvw
Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:51 am
Topic: Cook street Wednesday anyone?
Views: 1264

Cook street Wednesday anyone?

Hi, I still havent had a chance to kite in Vic yet but I'm back for a few days with my gear before heading to Port Alberni and Nitnatt and it looks like tomorrow's forecast looks very promising. I wanted to know if anyone is planning on going out tomorrow, that I could join and give me the lay of th...
by smokedvw
Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:16 am

Thanks for the link on HQ-wiki hopefully I can post up on here and find someone to go with since ill be by myself.

Ill be up there July 3 to the 10 or 11th. Ill probably post up in a separate area to see if anyone would like to hit up nitinat as well while I am up there.

Thanks

Aaron
by smokedvw
Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:48 pm

Hey guys I was planning to come up to PA at the end of the month to stay at my cabin on Sproat and come into the harbour to kite. I'm just curious if anyone can explain the rigging areas and riding area. I have read a few posts but I havent found a specific post for riding / riding out of the Harbou...
by smokedvw
Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:56 am
Topic: Coming to Victoria at end of April will there be wind?
Replies: 16
Views: 4465

Hey guys, I'm in Victoria now but it doesnt look like there is any wind on the forecast for the next few days?

Ill be around for Tues-Thurs anyone know if there is something I am missing looking at the forecast on the site?

Thanks

Aaron
by smokedvw
Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:06 pm

Hey guys just another question, typically which size boots/gloves do you guys wear in the winter?

I'm assuming 5mm boots but what about gloves? Patagonia has a sale on this weekend and I was thinking of updating my gloves/boots.

Thanks,

Aaron
by smokedvw
Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:06 am

Hey thanks for the details Bigwavedave and others. I was just talking to Todd from OR and looking at your stats from last April it looks like ill be bringing my 9m, it is usually good from about 18-20+ knots onward. What is the typical wind for "ridedable" days when the wind is on in Victo...