Search found 19 matches

by arturo
Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:20 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: ACL Injury?
Replies: 8
Views: 16806

Hey Shaggy I totally agree with your recovery process and a daily exercise program to stay fit and keep the cardio going .Last year after tearing my shoulder five years ago[full thickness tear of the superspinatus tendon in the left arm ] I managed to do 80 pushups nonstop with no surgery . I also d...
by arturo
Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:46 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Windfest July 26-27
Replies: 28
Views: 9139

How about an old farts class ,you know for kiters over 65
by arturo
Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:43 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: AIRLINE TRAVEL WITH BOARD AND KITE
Replies: 16
Views: 4973

flying Victoria to Cabo

Fly Alaska air , catch the flight at 6am arrive Seattle at 630am, catch flight to cabo at 11 am arrive at cabo at 4 pm , on the road in camper at 530 with cold cerveza and tunes heading to La Ventana,flight cost [because I book always about 4 days or less before I leave ] about $300 and two kite bag...
by arturo
Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:11 pm
Topic: Strapless Videos...
Replies: 66
Views: 15845

Some of the best strapless video that I have ever seen and something to practise down in LV
by arturo
Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:26 pm
Topic: Dropped in on; Maui.
Replies: 18
Views: 4482

I remember an incident about 15 years ago when a certain rolly poly friend was enjoying an afternoon of surfing frolic with some more experienced surfers andwas harassed everytime he made a mistake however some young big boy made the mistake of poking Roly poly in the chest on the beach and making s...
by arturo
Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:35 pm
Topic: Los Barriles, Lavantana, and kite sizes? Help Please...
Replies: 3
Views: 1557

I weigh 175 and ride a 7 and 9 meter rebel all the time and am getting a 6 meter for the bigger days in La Ventana
by arturo
Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:21 pm
Topic: Nitinat Update
Replies: 85
Views: 22335

nitnat

oh great idea yea lets get the goverment and provincial bueracrats to make all those needed changes and regulate the campsite and put a great big f#%^&& list of rules and regulate how many people can camp and tell us when and what to do . You know the old saying if it aint broke don,t fix it...
by arturo
Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:57 am
Topic: Nitinat Update
Replies: 85
Views: 22335

nitnat

Where the hell on earth can you find such an amazing kiting site amongst the gint ancient trees in a rain forest and camp for 5$ a day If the toilets dont meet your high standards then tidy them up and don,t bitch about the small things . You can always go to one of the provincial campsites with no ...
by arturo
Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:17 pm
Topic: Driving to LaVentana
Replies: 35
Views: 10415

For the last four years I have driven down to La Ventana , usually around the first week in November and this year because of a slow project I will not be leaving until Nov 30 and this year I am flying because I left my camper in Cabo at a storage compound that I have used in the past numerous times...
by arturo
Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:12 pm
Topic: etiquette and consideration
Replies: 52
Views: 15744

In my first few weeksof kiting I had many nasty incidents with more experienced kiters and windsurfers that simply charged fully knowing that they were way too close to a beginner and often made some outrageous comments or swore , even though the beginner myself was way out of control. I am an exper...
by arturo
Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:17 pm
Topic: Lost teeth
Replies: 15
Views: 5409

now now kiddies , we are just here to have a good time but it is a serious pain in the ass when some one decides to launch a big air upwind and comng at ya , and thats why I get the hell outta dodge cause I don,t like people and gear falling on me , but we are just having a good time and feeling our...
by arturo
Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:27 pm
Topic: Money for nothing, at Nitinaht
Replies: 49
Views: 13379

All You campers that don,t like the bumps in the road can bring your shovels and rakes and fix the road, mmight be some good excercise on those windless days , me I like the bumps and the nit nat community and the entire scene and if anyone can,t afford asswipe then there are some large leaves scatt...
by arturo
Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:10 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Kite/Windsurf Videos for Doldrums
Replies: 122
Views: 55154

La Ventana flat water spot

Hi Sandy I am in La Ventana for the fourth year and discovered the flat water spot , It is located in an arroya and is usually dry or filled with stagnant water, but fills up after a good rain and is about one or two feet deep and filled with the odd rock and sticks. I would not recommend practicing...
by arturo
Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:45 am
Topic: Sayulita Bucerias Puerto Vallarta
Replies: 5
Views: 2023

Bucerias

There is 9 meter to 14 meter kiting in Bucerias from February to June but generally light afternoon wind , so surfboard or large twin and 14 meter usually works ok I have been there twice and kiting was light
by arturo
Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:16 pm
Topic: kiteboarding accidents / safety tips
Replies: 291
Views: 147073

Cook Street

Last summer , with some kite experience ,on a great sunny afternoon , I decided to venture down to the launch at Dallas road and go kiting with my 9 meter kite , wind about 17 -25 west perfect conditions , steady and about 18 kites on the high tide beach . I carefully laid out my lines and double ch...