Search found 196 matches

by rvanderbyl
Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:40 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: COLUMBIA WEB CAM. Etc ?
Replies: 45
Views: 9357

Dave can pm me if anything needs to come up island. Sharon is in Victoria every Fri-Sun.
by rvanderbyl
Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:23 pm
Topic: COLUMBIA WEB CAM. Etc ?
Replies: 45
Views: 9357

Fence at CB is in need of repair or replacing but that is another matter. Had a look myself in the spring this year and the post where the weather station is mounted seems solid. So things should be fine there for a while to come! :D
by rvanderbyl
Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:36 am
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Hunting For The Wind
Replies: 29
Views: 8904

Thanks Tony...didn't see any more windsurfing ones?
by rvanderbyl
Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:12 am
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Hunting For The Wind
Replies: 29
Views: 8904

Great video Cam! Thanks for putting that together. But now I feel like you were just showing us a trailer for a much longer version. Could definitely handle watching more of your video's.....please!
by rvanderbyl
Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:21 am
Topic: Ideal Windsurf / Kiting Vehicle?
Replies: 456
Views: 122241

Ideal Windsurf Vehicle

This one looks brand new in a retro kind of way! http://nanaimo.en.craigslist.ca/cto/3042864763.html
by rvanderbyl
Wed May 09, 2012 9:52 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Qualicum wind Info
Replies: 2
Views: 3147

Qualicum wind Info

A little info about Qualicum winds we experienced today at San Pareil-Old_Salt:Willy: Every time I travel the east side of Vancouver Island, between Nanaimo and Comox/Campbell River, those winds see me coming and I get Pasted - always right on the beam. Sometimes you are lucky and get a forecast tha...
by rvanderbyl
Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:50 pm
Topic: RV Windsurf Equipment Carrying Options
Replies: 16
Views: 2934

I think it's because you all actually sail...even if the wind is a bit light at times. I prefer to spend my time on the beach looking at or thinking about nice racks. :shock: To me a little more interesting than say...fins...for example;) :lol:
by rvanderbyl
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:43 am
Topic: RV Windsurf Equipment Carrying Options
Replies: 16
Views: 2934

Nothing wrong with carrying all you gear on a rear mounted rack system. But having owned a class C before I wouldn't own one again unless a wife or family situation deemed it necessary. Pm me your email and I will send pics of what I consider to be the ultimate in roof mounted carrying solutions and...
by rvanderbyl
Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:59 am
Topic: CB weather station post help
Replies: 5
Views: 1243

If anyone is heading out to CB to work on the fence this week PM me if you need assistance/direction. Might have some time during the middle of the week!
by rvanderbyl
Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:06 pm
Topic: Nitinaht update!
Replies: 91
Views: 23838

Maybe a lot of people are just gaining weight....hence the larger sail sizes. :lol:
by rvanderbyl
Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:28 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Old vs New - article
Replies: 5
Views: 1816

No wonder you keep adding to your fleet of aging boards. Not to mention pissing everyone off who went and bought new gear thinking they would be the fatest I mean fastest on the water. :lol:
by rvanderbyl
Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:22 am
Topic: Gone with the wind
Replies: 32
Views: 6852

You may be partially right Kus. I stilll see quite a few people coming to our beach with Kayaks on the roof....not many snowmobiles though. Point is.....who gives a crap! You still gotta drag stuff around to sit or stand on to ride in some manner. I prefer to own a van or truck for many reasons and ...
by rvanderbyl
Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:33 am
Topic: Gone with the wind
Replies: 32
Views: 6852

Kus wrote "Also we all have less room....so larger or more gear is automatically viewed as a problem." Funny! Large gear doesn't stop people from kayaking, fishing, dirt biking, quading, snowmobiling....... That whole large gear issue is a bit tiresome. We do what we do because we love it!...
by rvanderbyl
Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:43 pm
Topic: Nitinaht update!
Replies: 91
Views: 23838

G-daddy sums it up nicely. Was just out there last weekend and store still wasn't open but should be soon (waiting for their interac machine :roll:). Roads have deteriorated a bit with all the traffic and the rain too, but still ok. TP quality wasn't bad BUT still wish they'd leave more rolls out on...
by rvanderbyl
Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:17 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Boom hurts me hands - ideas?
Replies: 14
Views: 2917

The Dakine gloves were awesome. Not so much for winter sailing. Material on the palm was kind of like thin leather, or whatever, and stretchy on the back of the hand. Very comfy and didn't bother my grip on the boom at all. Looked like cycling gloves without the thick padding.