Search found 196 matches

by rvanderbyl
Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:43 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Broken boom!!
Replies: 20
Views: 4549

Broken Booms!!

Not an issue with aluminum booms but can they recycle the old carbon booms in anyway or do they end up in the landfill when they are finally retired?
by rvanderbyl
Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:47 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: New Tip for Drying Booties
Replies: 47
Views: 9224

Sorry for your luck on the foot stink thing MF4. I wash my boots with fresh water after every session and let them dry in the sun, if available, or over a baseboard heater, if it's on anyway, and there is almost no smell! :shock: I still say you're wasting your money and time on the dryer when you w...
by rvanderbyl
Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:12 pm

New Tip for Drying Booties

Caution on that last tip. Be careful if you use boiling water in your thermos. :shock: Hot tap water will be fine! :lol:
by rvanderbyl
Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:08 pm

New Tip for Drying Booties

By the time you're done wasting all that time and money trying to dry your boots with fancy drying inventions and higher hydro bills, you may as well just buy a couple of extra pairs so you can rotate them between sessions. If that doesn't work for you, I used to bring a thermos of hot water with me...
by rvanderbyl
Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:31 pm
Topic: stance
Replies: 22
Views: 4119

Stance

I was enjoying how helpful and polite everyone was being so I decided to go fishing. Looks like I caught one, Sandy Beach. Also I new you would stick up for W247 since he doesn't have as much time on the computer as you! :wink: I certainly didn't expect to discourage Rob so much that he would switch...
by rvanderbyl
Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:53 pm
Topic: stance
Replies: 22
Views: 4119

Stance

W247, you're obviously not very good at windsurfing, so I think you should just sell all your gear. You'll probably never figure it out anyway! :wink: :lol:
by rvanderbyl
Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:43 pm
Topic: Nanaimo Windsurfing Locations
Replies: 18
Views: 5158

Parksville bay is great on the North wests if the tide is in or not too far out. Wind is usually a bit lighter than nanaimo. But if you don't like sand I'd stay away.
by rvanderbyl
Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:56 pm
Topic: Moving to Nanaimo
Replies: 9
Views: 3076

Moving to Nanaimo

North nanaimo is a good bet. Expect rent to be somewhere in the $800-$1200 range. Don't leave it till the last minute to find a place.
Lots of kiting/windsurfing spots to choose from! mostly close by.
Good luck with the move if you do get the transfer.
by rvanderbyl
Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:38 pm
Topic: Travel Trivia
Replies: 26
Views: 5254

Thanks for spoiling that TomS, after all these years believing otherwise, oh well.
Try Captain Kirks too Mtm.
by rvanderbyl
Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:15 pm
Topic: Travel Trivia
Replies: 26
Views: 5254

Travel Trivia

I have stayed in Cabo a few times over the years. If you're into all the touristy money grubbing crap they have to offer there and of course the night life then you might enjoy Cabo. My first trip there in 1988 showed just a taste of what it has become. I even camped on the beach for free, no chance...
by rvanderbyl
Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:00 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Spare webcam-where should it go?
Replies: 46
Views: 30763

Web cams

I too have been skunked many a time at San pareil, not to mention every spot out there as well. One of the great things about all the cams is the savings in carbon emissions trying to figure out where to sail. After all there is more than one wind direction. With the cam at San Pareil you will see t...
by rvanderbyl
Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:19 pm

Web cam

Having lived in San Pareil for ther last 7 years all I know is there is way more sailable days than my schedule allows me to take advantage of. But of course no one would know that without a cam here. The same could be said for any location I suppose. One could argue that the other close cams combin...
by rvanderbyl
Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:28 pm

Was that a yes for the cam in San Pareil or were you just trying to correct me Mattdog. For the record I've had many excellent NW days at this spot and when it's good the swell can be 4' to 6', but you do need to be quick on the draw to sail that wind here. The summer NW does get stronger progressiv...
by rvanderbyl
Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:44 pm

I know I'm biased toward San Pareil because I live here, but it sure would be nice to not have to walk ( half a block ) all the way to the beach every time I need an update on the conditions. Last time I asked the owner of the waterfront house if we could put a cam there, she said yes. High speed is...
by rvanderbyl
Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:54 pm
Topic: Webcam at Nitinaht
Replies: 30
Views: 7712

On a positive note, it's nice to see the webcam at Nitnat finally.
On a negative note, I must be spoiled by BWD's webcams cause I'm not that excited about the size or quality of the picture!?