Search found 76 matches

by bean
Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:11 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: are there any location scouts out there?
Replies: 6
Views: 1364

For westerlies (fairly rare unfortunately) you can sail at Jericho or at Spanish Banks near UBC where it's usually a bit windier. Or bring your passport and sail at Pt. Roberts where every direction works. Yes Squamish is pretty cold but quite reliable. Just look at the marine forecast for Howe Soun...
by bean
Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:04 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: My first Gorge Trip
Replies: 19
Views: 5475

8)
by bean
Thu May 19, 2005 7:19 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Nitinat or Gorge ??
Replies: 29
Views: 9337

It's decision time and I'm hittin' the Gorge. Far from an epic forecast but nwweather.com shows it being sailable somewhere every day and going to the swap is a tradition for me and my VanCity sailing bro. It's also one of my few chances for an off island trip. Besides, I already built a little cart...
by bean
Sun May 15, 2005 7:01 pm

Looks like the weather in Hood River is supposed to clear up starting Saturday. I'm going to wait a few days before making the call. Another user-friendly forecast is at: www.wind-surf.net
by bean
Fri May 13, 2005 12:39 pm

Gorge is my default - Nitinat back-up. Going Fri-Mon with my buddy in his Civic. I guess we'll have to go easy at the swap or look totally guilty coming back across the border. I usually sail at Doug's and camp at Tucker. Come on high pressure!
by bean
Fri May 13, 2005 8:12 am
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: New Vid on my web page
Replies: 9
Views: 2674

Yeah, awesome. Though, I preferred watching you from two swells back in December! (and a few times between repeated beatings in the impact zone). Loved seeing the red and white out there.
by bean
Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:46 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: best place for a windsurfer to live in Canada?
Replies: 9
Views: 2465

Check the sailing log from the home page to see the whens, wheres and how muches. Moved here from Vancouver a couple of years ago and it's like night and day - night there, day here. Pretty rare for temperature to be too cold to sail.
by bean
Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:43 pm
Topic: Nitinat Summer Racing
Replies: 112
Views: 22840

one M long sleve and if they make one for a 1 and 1/2 year old I'll buy one of those too! Diaper shirt with logos - wicked!
by bean
Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:55 pm
Topic: kook st stories
Views: 5962

Just make sure you loop before she does :D

Sorry for drifting this thread - keep the kook karnage koming :wink:
by bean
Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:49 am
Topic: kook st stories
Views: 5962

My favourite kook st memory is sailing in solid 5.0 conditions while my better half was on the beach in early labour. She said watching kept her mind off the contractions but I had to make eye contact every time I was near the shore and she would flag me down if the contractions were getting closer ...
by bean
Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:15 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Pics of Columbia
Replies: 2
Views: 1064

I second that. Would be glad to buy you a beer and talk about the impending changes to your windsurfing career!
divad_naeb(at)yahoo.ca
by bean
Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:54 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Wind predictions using the MM5/MC2 models
Replies: 22
Views: 6364

What's next? Will this site get up, load my gear, make me an omlette and pack me a lunch when it's windy?!?!

Fantastic work Dave, as always!
by bean
Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:58 am
Topic: long beach weather
Replies: 5
Views: 1922

Looks like southeast on Saturday. If the stars align I'd love to go to long beach. Does SE work there or would it be offshore? Still trying to convince my better half to take the sproglet to the sunshine coast:"don't worry about me, I'll find something to do, you go and have a nice time" ;)
by bean
Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:02 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: POV Windsurfing video in Maui
Replies: 5
Views: 1455

That's the best virtual reality sailing I've seen yet. Who wants to go to long beach next weekend after that? Yes please!
by bean
Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:29 pm
Topic: nitinat
Replies: 3
Views: 1662

You're the KING Fred! Can't wait to enjoy the fruits of your labour. Thanks a million :D !