Search found 250 matches

by SmallWaveSteve
Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:46 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: How low can you go? 12m flite
Replies: 13
Views: 5612

Maybe it was and there was just a shore bubble by the slalom for a while or something. Oh well doesn't matter. 9.5, flite and skim it is
by SmallWaveSteve
Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:56 am

anybody have any idea what the wind was like for the one design races at windfest? I just realised I have flown 12m flites in lighter conditions, just not mine.
by SmallWaveSteve
Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:06 pm

Gracias Juan :) Tha'ts exactly the type of info I was hoping for.

I think I'll bring my fly rod too :)
by SmallWaveSteve
Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:59 am

If the whole purpose is to kite every day, can your 12m Flite get you out in 10 knots? Can you stomach driving a monster kite in low winds vs. sipping cocktails on the beach instead...or more likely, just surfing when theres no wind? That's the big question, I haven't had a chance to take the flite...
by SmallWaveSteve
Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:23 pm

How low can you go? 12m flite

I'm trying to decide which two kites to take to Panama my 9.5 for sure, and I have a 2011 15m caution or a newer 12m fite
I've never gotten them in the same year, so I'm curious how much more efficient the flite actually is? (I'll be riding a crazy fly skim, so I'll gain some low end on that too
by SmallWaveSteve
Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:46 pm
Topic: kite repair
Replies: 8
Views: 3423

Is it a strut or the leading edge, struts are staight forward enough ( one of my leaks was the octopus connector so check that before you take anything else apart
by SmallWaveSteve
Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:20 am
Topic: Lost Cabrinha 133 Caliber board at China Creek (aug 15)
Replies: 1
Views: 841

might be worth putting up sign where ever the fisherman come in around there, (and maybe leaving your new contact info with whoever has the old phone number now).

I've had a board recovered that way.
by SmallWaveSteve
Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:23 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Nitinat Kite Sizes
Views: 6679

Paul wrote:10M .....it's a good day for a 10. yup all ya really need is a 10!
...... it states that I am a "rookie" so don't take my word on it ;)
I didn't know Paul owned anything other than two 10m's until last weekend!
by SmallWaveSteve
Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:27 am
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Nitinat Kite Sizes
Views: 6679

I've got ~40 lbs on you and don't use a 12m all that often up there, especially when I have a surfboard...
I'd do 7/10
by SmallWaveSteve
Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:33 pm
Topic: Nitinat Kite Lessons, Launching affecting Park/water users
Replies: 60
Views: 19590

And Teabag,.... what does that Adolf reference mean actually? Me with a German background, you being French/Que, is that some sorta racial comment or should I reflect on you as the great fun guy that I know and really like.....I mean.... globally speaking :wink: The latter, Adolf had something to s...
by SmallWaveSteve
Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:33 am
Topic: Nitinat Kite Lessons, Launching affecting Park/water users
Replies: 60
Views: 19590

Well said Brendan. It's almost as if there should be some sort of common sense convention or something in sailing where, in instances that there is a faster and more maneuverable vessel (say, for example, a very experienced windsurfer or kiteboarder) approaching a vessel with impaired or restricted ...
by SmallWaveSteve
Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:41 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Windfest 2016
Replies: 43
Views: 22391

Does anybody know if there is anyone planning on doing any dinners in the campground for windfest weekend (like burgers/fish & chips/whatever that they had set up a couple years ago)? Trying to plan out my meals, it's nicer to know in advance if anything is happening vs bringing food up and find...
by SmallWaveSteve
Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:59 am
Topic: Alternative riding spots
Replies: 19
Views: 6428

not exactly local, but I was wondering about Buttle Lake? Seems like that area can get a decent afternoon thermal (and is ~2hrs closer than nimkish)
by SmallWaveSteve
Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:47 am
Topic: Windfest 2016
Replies: 43
Views: 22391

Good call guys, your effort/planning/reworking it is appreciated.
Added bonus, that weekend is actually the best weekend you could have picked for my schedule! (good news, good news for me) :)
by SmallWaveSteve
Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:27 am
Topic: Spam at Windfest
Replies: 3
Views: 3779

Funnily enough we were talking about SPAM for some reason at work the other day. I guess this might be my opportunity to finally try it!