Search found 44 matches

by themorb
Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:01 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Alternate Island Wind Locations
Replies: 30
Views: 12792

I have had good success at Rathtrevor when the tide has been too high to launch a kite easily at SP. Not sure how many SE they get in the summer but that is an option with a campground. JR campground on a W wind, if you can handle some waves.... Not sure how the wind would be around the corner at Ch...
by themorb
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:19 am
Topic: Latest in Wetsuits - what to buy?
Replies: 68
Views: 29153

I have a pair of split-toe Hotline booties which are probably close to 10 years old and are still great. I got Xcel booties without a split toe to wear over my drysuit socks, and the sole is almost worn through and the strap ripped with UV damage, in 1 year. I think the only Hotline dealer is in Tof...
by themorb
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:42 pm
Topic: Closures (Covid-19)
Replies: 42
Views: 25701

In that case it should be motorhomes only through the road block!!! :P With private washrooms on-board!
by themorb
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:26 pm
Forum: News
Topic: IV Webcam update + help needed
Replies: 26
Views: 18897

Nothing like a nice SE to motivate :D Was good times on Saturday!
by themorb
Wed May 15, 2019 10:35 am
Topic: Nitinaht 2019 Campsite Development
Replies: 59
Views: 28554

Half the keyboard warriors are complaining about the price, the other half are complaining about the quality. Sounds like a good economic equilibrium has been reached. Each person has to make the best decision for themselves. If overnight fees are too high, there are plenty of free places to camp wi...
by themorb
Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:24 pm
Topic: 2015 Nitinaht Lake Fees and Politics
Replies: 82
Views: 24484

Great job Chris liaising with the Ministry and the Village. It seems like you are doing a great job voicing the opinions of the majority of users. I don't know if I am in a majority or not, but I have one opinion to add. I have been coming to Nitinat for about 12 years and as everyone knows, fee col...
by themorb
Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:54 pm
Topic: Nitinaht 2014: Road/Camp updates
Replies: 85
Views: 22630

Well I've (only) been going to Nitinat for about 12 years, but I was reflecting out on the water how many changes have occurred but how in reality nothing has changed. Back when I started going it was Fred collecting fees, then others over the years... store has gone through multiple managements too...
by themorb
Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:45 pm
Topic: Nitinaht Lake
Replies: 23
Views: 6489

I did the swim/wade/float/drift trek from the log dump back around to the campsite back in 2006 when I was learning to windsurf. (Hadn't figured out water starting yet.) I think it took about 3-4 hours. Very glad I was wearing booties. But my sail got a couple tears from branches in the shallow wate...
by themorb
Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:06 pm
Topic: Nitinat Lake Future
Replies: 52
Views: 10688

Good to know those tree roots are going to heal nicely from their RV wounds with quads running over them all winter.......... :P
by themorb
Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:41 am
Topic: Nitinat Lake Future
Replies: 52
Views: 10688

Wow, I stop reading BWD for a month and look what I have missed! Good grief, do you guys drive to the lake with your eyes closed? There are millions of trees out there! No need to go emo over 5-10 trees in the campsite. On the other hand, there are hundreds of clear-cuts nearby too. Worry about the ...
by themorb
Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:48 pm
Topic: Launching from Knob Point?
Replies: 12
Views: 2418

Hey just in case anyone is interested, we tried that road Klanawa 1900 last weekend, and made it almost all the way to Knob Point. Some of you probably saw us camping on the log dump directly across from the main campsite. It's a pretty awesome camping spot once you get there but launching is awful ...
by themorb
Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:40 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: water assist at nitnat
Replies: 63
Views: 13858

When I was learning to water-start my friend towed me back with his windsurfer. I held my rig with one hand and held his back footstrap with my other hand. He obviously couldn't get planing, but it worked! (And it was only an 80L board with a 5.0 sail!!!) You don't need a jet-ski if your buddy can s...
by themorb
Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:07 pm
Topic: Swap meet and work party/Nitnat
Replies: 50
Views: 12343

Okay well after 7 hours of driving yesterday I have determined that I definitely cannot drive to Knob Point. Flora and Klanawa Main and K1900 are all very smooth - it looks like there's a lot of logging activity out there. I found the top of "Upper Hitchie" (the road which goes down to Kno...
by themorb
Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:51 am
Topic: Swap meet and work party/Nitnat
Replies: 50
Views: 12343

ya the alders didn't look that bad last year if you don't mind a couple scratches on your car, but what about the huge creek gully that has no bridge??? chainsaw ain't gonna fix that...
by themorb
Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:42 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: elk lake
Replies: 5
Views: 2569

elk lake

Hey I just found this: http://vcrc.bc.ca/weather/Current.htm I was thinking it would be cool if this could be integrated into the "Latest Reports"...? I've never windsurfed at Elk Lake and I hear it's gusty, but it could be useful for those of us who are into sailing dinghies and/or just i...