Search found 1184 matches

by downwind dave
Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:42 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Thieves at Nitinat!
Replies: 26
Views: 6874

remember to pack extra as when you are going to duct tape someone to a tree you need a lot of tape due to all the big spruce up there.
by downwind dave
Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:49 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Kiting for the summer!
Replies: 6
Views: 2571

didnt you read the squamish vs victoria thread? theres 2 places anyway to get you going.
to learn fast though it would be hard to beat a solid couple weeks at nitinat.
by downwind dave
Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:51 pm
Topic: Nitnat - garbage and glass
Replies: 17
Views: 5446

you mean the "dodge the bears" morning bike ride is no more?! cryin shame.
by downwind dave
Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:11 am
Forum: Comments and Suggestions
Topic: buy/sell forums
Replies: 2
Views: 1717

buy/sell forums

just a suggestion, when stuff in the forum is sold, why not remove the thread. thanks dave!
by downwind dave
Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:08 am
Topic: Looking for windsurfing gear suitable for a beginner
Replies: 14
Views: 3161

hey dont worry about what you think is "real wind", i spent a whole summer bobbing around out at elk lake wind or no wind before i took my bic longboard down to cook street one fateful day. that was still a year before i tried nitinat. as long as you get on the water its learning time that...
by downwind dave
Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:11 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Nitinaht Services Ideas
Replies: 12
Views: 3198

Id pay for daycare service.
by downwind dave
Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:57 pm
Topic: Looking for windsurfing gear suitable for a beginner
Replies: 14
Views: 3161

hah! when i learned, junk is all you could get. we would wear out booties trekking up around the nose to tack, tracking blood from stubbing toes on the daggerboard. spend all afternoon tying the boom on. when the wind picked up you got hurt, and stuff broke and you swam in. that was the way it was a...
by downwind dave
Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:01 am
Topic: Launching from Knob Point?
Replies: 12
Views: 2417

alternative site

I always thought it would be cool to have a short trail into the east end bay from the campus creek boat launch area. Its only 30m or so and theres sometimes sweet waves down in the bay. The problem is its a bushy swamp to cross so there would need to be a boardwalk or a big windfall to walk on. Its...
by downwind dave
Sun May 16, 2004 11:14 am
Topic: Island Vs Squamish to live
Replies: 34
Views: 7940

take it easy

hey squamish lover guest i stated in my post that i lived a year there, dont get me wrong squish is a great town with a ton of recreation opportunities including real winter sports close by. however I stand my my statement that the SAILING is not as good as the vic for the reasons i mentioned earlie...
by downwind dave
Wed May 12, 2004 1:54 pm
Topic: 2 questions
Replies: 7
Views: 2070

barnaby outed

hey barn, nice to meet you this am.
make sure you post how it was out there, hope you got to jump on the new rigs. Buy a nice aerodynamic sail bag and plan your trip out east through nicola lake bc, oldman dam alberta and elbow sask. rip it up,
dwd
by downwind dave
Tue May 11, 2004 6:52 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: W.I.R.E.D. May Be History - But We Can Still Race!
Replies: 8
Views: 2887

ok steve asked a simple question about a little formula regatta on lake cowichan and now you dudes are planning a kite party at nitinat with a band? this thread is drifting faster than me when i tried to learn to kite. steve ill see you at cow lake on K.I.R.E.D. weekend.
by downwind dave
Thu May 06, 2004 11:27 am

downwind dave

hey i was born here! GO HOME HAOLE STEVE!
wasnt this thred about victoria vs squamish?
by downwind dave
Mon May 03, 2004 9:17 am

squish

It also depends if you like kiting beautiful ocean swells or choppy icy murky glacial runoff. Nice gravel beaches vs. dusty crowded rocky spit, smooooth ocean breeze vs gusty holey hell. as far as kitable days goes i dont think its even close, squamish is windy in the winter but its like -15 outflow...
by downwind dave
Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:12 am
Topic: caution: north road closed this weekend eves.
Replies: 5
Views: 2172

caution: north road closed this weekend eves.

Heads up nitinat trippers this was in the duncan paper: north road closed at youbou, 4-10pm april 26 to may 6? (i think) for culvert replacement. That means you can probably take the north road out but you might be screwed if you come back that way. On another note i finally decided to register myse...