Search found 14 matches

by Schooled
Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:28 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Authority is not the truth, truth is the authority!
Replies: 95
Views: 24510

Dismissal of conspiracy theories out of hand simply because they are labelled 'conspiracy' theories demonstrates perfectly a lack of critical thinking skills, and is intellectually the equivalent of accepting said theories blindly. Very true. I'll keep it in mind, but don't count myself in that cat...
by Schooled
Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:00 am

Also don't forget that of the official 19 plane hijackers, 5 or 6 of them are still alive. Duh ... Can you back this up Mattdog, or is it more hearsay? I find that BBC thing discussing the collapse before it happened very strange. Not sure what to think about it and I couldn't find anything useful ...
by Schooled
Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:50 am

Not too long ago statements that WTC7 was pulled was conspiracy crap. Now the leaseholder confirms it. Please. Where does Silverstein ever "confirm" that WTC7 was demolished? Since you quote this as fact, show me it. I want a source, not hearsay! People need to learn to not take nebulus s...
by Schooled
Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:36 pm

Interesting article MF4. I have a book in front of me, "The Assassins' Gate," that discusses this in great detail. It appears that absolute jaw dropping political infighting and arrogance resulting in no planning led to the sack of the museum, and much of the current Iraq disaster. The US ...
by Schooled
Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:26 pm

Sorry MM, the physics of the event just do not point to a collapse.....there is too much evidence to prove otherwise. I have studied the laws of physics too much to be ignorant to the characteristics of the collapse and its properties. I do not think your study of the "laws of physics" ha...
by Schooled
Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:56 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Stuck Mast, how do I get it apart?
Replies: 4
Views: 1657

Stuck Mast, how do I get it apart?

I think I got a bit of sand on my 2-part mast before sliding one end into the other. Now I can't get them apart, even with two people pulling. Any hints on how to get the two halves apart, or do I now own a nice 1-piece mast? Should I just invite the neighbours over for a tug-of-war? It's an Aluminu...
by Schooled
Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:00 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Nitinat this weekend?
Replies: 3
Views: 1223

Nitinat this weekend?

The weather forcasts for Tofino and Port Alberni say rain, but Randy's Nitinat forcast says it might be ok. There a good chance the winds will be above 18 knots at Nitinat this weekend?

Undecided on going...

Thanks
by Schooled
Fri May 26, 2006 7:47 pm
Topic: What should I offer for this windsurfing package?
Replies: 2
Views: 1283

What should I offer for this windsurfing package?

I'm looking at this stuff for sale, what is a reasonable cost? Starboard 180 GO board 6.4 Sailworks sail Carbon mast, one part fits in the other, with mast step Boom All gear is about 3-4 years old, has been used prehaps twice and may have just been set up on the sand. Looks brand new. It has been s...
by Schooled
Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:25 pm
Topic: Mast step location
Replies: 3
Views: 1319

Mast step location

I've been fiddling around with a windsurfer in Cadboro Bay. I can get going, and pick up a bit of speed, but I have trouble turning downwind. I think I need to lean the mast forward along the line of the board, but that feels very unstable and awkward. What I'm wondering is where the mast step and f...
by Schooled
Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:48 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: AFRICAN Kitesurfing!
Replies: 6
Views: 1885

Only as far up as the top of Namibia. Very dry desert coast, few towns and generally just raw surf on the beach. Rough conditions, but beautiful if you like the desert or sand dunes.

Tyler from bosun's went there and kited I heard.
by Schooled
Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:59 pm
Topic: AFRICAN Kitesurfing!
Replies: 6
Views: 1885

South Africa! Not all the areas have high crime and lots of sharks, and the country is so damn beautiful. Go to the east coast, Cape Town is astounding, some of the wine growing regions are good, avoid Durban + Johnesburg and surrounding areas. Stayed in Plettenburg bay, good surfing, winds ?, no ki...
by Schooled
Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:26 pm
Topic: Windsurfing? at Horne Lake
Replies: 2
Views: 1245

I used to sail a laser 2 there at my parents cabin. It can get strong winds, 20knots, but is very very gusty on the southern part of the lake. Winds tend to slam down out of about 2 low passes at the southern end and does not blow consistently across the lake. Some areas have no wind. There might be...
by Schooled
Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:42 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: ANY chance of wind at Nitinat?
Replies: 1
Views: 906

ANY chance of wind at Nitinat?

I know Nitinat shuts down in the rain, but there must be a little wind comming through, I think I've seen it before.

What sort of winds will it still get, if any, with the rain there?

I'm desperate.
by Schooled
Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:13 pm
Topic: Which trainer kite would you buy?
Replies: 4
Views: 1516

I've only flown the 2 line 2 meter airush trainer. I've watched people try and fly the (ocean rodeo?) 4 line trainers but they weren't having any luck while I had plenty of wind for the airush. It looked like the LEI type trainers don't fly well. I learnt lots off the airush trainer and highly recom...