Search found 73 matches

by CTK
Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:08 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Left my board @ Cook st.
Replies: 7
Views: 2462

I know super bad luck. The first 2 weeks ago, was in need of a new board though. Didn't even have time to write my name and number on it. Getting kiting depression.
by CTK
Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:58 pm
Topic: Left my board @ Cook st.
Replies: 7
Views: 2462

Left my board @ Cook st.

Left my new board at Cook St. on Wed. Night. On the grass. Went back about 30 min. Later and was told a Kiter named Jeff had picked it up. If you have my board please call. If you have any info on trying to get ahold of Jeff, please let me know.
Thanks,
Wade 250-883-1820
by CTK
Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:51 pm
Topic: Kite destination March
Replies: 3
Views: 1302

Was debating a trip march 4th to 11th to La Ventana. Just unsure about the wind. Any suggestions? What is the wind averaging around this time?
by CTK
Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:38 pm
Topic: Winter gloves
Replies: 21
Views: 5553

Dakine Cold Water Neo Mitt. Good bar grip, kept the hands warm. Can get them in town at Bosun's.
by CTK
Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:55 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: The Gorge and Hood River
Replies: 11
Views: 2159

Was in HR a few weeks ago. The number of people, sails and kites blew me away. Drove through the first day and no wind. The day I was there iit was early afternoon and very gusty. Our first encounter was unfriendly. Was told by a kiter to get out of his way unless we had a wetsuit and kite when we w...
by CTK
Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:16 pm
Topic: Kiting The Gorge: Advice?
Replies: 4
Views: 1497

Heading down to Portland next weekend for a wedding. Was thinking of fitting in a little kiting. Heard talk about the Gorge but have no info on it.
Was thinking Hood river was a little far and crowded.
by CTK
Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:09 pm
Topic: Sleeving Material
Replies: 2
Views: 798

Thanks JL... Thought you might have some insight concidering you had some at IV one time a while back.
by CTK
Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:59 pm
Topic: Sleeving Material
Views: 798

Sleeving Material

Just wondering where you can buy the sleeving material for sleeving Spectra line when you knot the end? I had some from a long time ago but can't remember where I purchased it from. My gf broke the line on her trainer and I need to make some new lines.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
by CTK
Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:50 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: How we use the University of Washington Wind Model
Replies: 226
Views: 85431

Use it for checking the conditions often. I was talking to some of the guys on my jobsite and apparently alot of fishermen use these models for planning there fishing trips.
Would be really horrible to see it go.
by CTK
Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:14 am
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: SNOW KITING
Views: 1676

SNOW KITING

by CTK
Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:42 pm
Topic: Kiting in Penticton
Replies: 17
Views: 3265

Average wind speed for the area is 15 to 20. I have a 10M RISE. Shes average 125. I would like to get her another RISE. Great kite and can handle a pretty big wind range.
by CTK
Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:32 pm

Taking lessons is a necessity. You have to cut upwind to even get off the beach on Skaha so learning there is a no go. Just wanted to start looking, takes a while to find a good setup.
by CTK
Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:33 pm

Kiting in Penticton

My girlfriend wants to start kiting and lives in Penticton. Just wondering what size of kite would be common for her to use on the lake??? Seen alot of guys riding 12M Rises and girls on some 9 or 10M kites. Want to start looking for a setup for her but not sure what size kite would be the best for ...